X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jk13
    • May 2014
    • 4.0.x

I was scammed, what can I do?

Hi. I paid a user for a vB4 license, but he never sent it to me. He did send me a print on his customer area here at vbulletin though so I have his license ID and customer ID. Sent a mail to vBulletin support a couple of days ago but still no answer..is there anything I can do? I'm thinking that since he gave me his license ID vBulletin staff should be able to identify it? Sorry if I placed the thread in the wrong place.
    Thanks
  • IcEWoLF
    • Jul 2008
    • 4.1.x

Buy the software from third party's at your own risk, vbulletin will not be able to assist. Only thing you can do is to file a dispute via paypal or whatever payment format you used... The chances of this bein resolved is slim. Anyways good luck....
    The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

You are supposed to contact vbulletin before parting with money not after, not much you can do except as mentioned make a chargeback claim through your payment portal.

Comment

• jk13
        • May 2014
        • 4.0.x

Allright, guess that's why support did'nt even answer me then..Well, I still think it's completely ridiculous that people are able to do this without consequences. I mean, I know it's my own choice to pay the money, BUT when I have a license ID and noone is even interested to check into it it makes me sad. And, most online payment services does'nt give any support when you're dealing with licenses. Unfortunately.

Thanks for your answers though.

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. In case you need this in the future, there is a post by Joe D. where he explains how license transfer usually works:

The process involved is-

1) Confirming your identity
          2) Giving the details of the new owner
          3) Paying fee (if required)
          4) We email the new owner asking them to confirm they agree to the license agreement
          5) Assuming they do, license gets officially transferred.
          Also don't give up on this yet. I am sure support will look into this and maybe there is a way to help you out. Also note that a license transfer isn't done in a few hours or so. According to this post (and also to the license agreement), it can take up to six weeks:

There is no such thing as an ASAP transfer- the license agreement states a transfer can take up to 4 to 6 weeks, although it is usually quicker- but there are no promises.

Comment

• jk13
            • May 2014
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by TLMD
            Sorry to hear you are having trouble. In case you need this in the future, there is a post by Joe D. where he explains how license transfer usually works:

Also don't give up on this yet. I am sure support will look into this and maybe there is a way to help you out. Also note that a license transfer isn't done in a few hours or so. According to this post (and also to the license agreement), it can take up to six weeks:

Thank you very much for this post.

I should give you an update, I've done my homework and found his phonenumber and address. I also have a couple of emails he used and several IPs which also is affilliated with him.

To answer your post, the seller says that I have made a chargeback of my creditcard, so he wont transfer the license. It's bs and I can proove it. I paid him using Neteller and they give zero support in these kinds of issues. He also were banned on the forum where we made the deal cause he had many accounts and had sent positive feedbacks between his accounts. So obviously he's a scammer. And with all the info I have, someone must be able to do something? :s I mean I have IP-addresses, emails, full name, phonenumber, licensenumber and customernumber. I did call him twice today, he just hang up when I told him I want my money back

Comment

• durruti
              • Jan 2012
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by jk13

Thank you very much for this post.

I should give you an update, I've done my homework and found his phonenumber and address. I also have a couple of emails he used and several IPs which also is affilliated with him.

To answer your post, the seller says that I have made a chargeback of my creditcard, so he wont transfer the license. It's bs and I can proove it. I paid him using Neteller and they give zero support in these kinds of issues. He also were banned on the forum where we made the deal cause he had many accounts and had sent positive feedbacks between his accounts. So obviously he's a scammer. And with all the info I have, someone must be able to do something? :s I mean I have IP-addresses, emails, full name, phonenumber, licensenumber and customernumber. I did call him twice today, he just hang up when I told him I want my money back
              Find a lawyer and/or report him to the Police.
              Bring him to court.
              Submit all the evidences you have.
              I'm 99.999% sure vBulletin will not be able to help you out here.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. Buying a used license carries this sort of risk.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by jk13
                  Allright, guess that's why support did'nt even answer me then..
                  I was going through tickets all weekend, if you didn't get an answer it is because we didn't receive the ticket. As a spam prevention method we require any unknown email addresses (non-customers) to verify themselves before an email is delivered. This means as soon as you send us an email we send back a confirmation email with instructions to follow. Unfortunately sometimes the email we send is blocked as spam and never delivered- and then we never get your message either.

You can get around this issue by using the contact us form on the website- http://www.vbulletin.com/en/contacts/

In the future read this post before buying 2nd hand- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...50#post3130350

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...