X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhemi553
    • May 2014
    • 4.2.X

Branding Free Option

The vBulletin 5 Connect "bundle" has ALL three versions of vBulletin (vB3, vB4, vB5) included. Does the "Branding Free" option offered for $169 cover all 3 versions or is it just for the vBulletin 5 Connect version? There is no information offered other than it is available and that it costs$169. Also if you buy the bundled software as "branded" then upload vB4 but later elect to purchase the "Branding Free" option... would you have to upload the vB4 files to the server again or does the brand free option have nothing to do with the software? Sorry I'm a newbie and this info is not available online and support will not answer this question when I send it to them. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

While the vBulletin 5 license allows you to run other versions of the software, please understand your license allows for a single installation of the software.

THe branding free license, would apply to whichever version you wanted to install.

The branding free option can be added later, and then applied a number of ways.

Branding free lets you remove the copyright notice from the bottom of every page.

Comment

• rhemi553
      rhemi553 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like you're saying that the $169 I pay for the "Branding Free" option is NOT to pay for modifications made to the software code by a vBulletin support technician (so the webpages generated by the software are "Brand Free")... but in reality I'm paying $169 for the legal right to go into each vBulletin webpage and manually remove the copyright notice on the bottom of every page where the branding appears. Is that correct? If yes... then I understand that correctly... but what do you mean when you say... " The branding free option can be added later, and then applied a number of ways." In what other ways can the "branding free" option be applied? Does the vBulletin branding appear in other places other than the bottom of the pages? If yes... where?

• Zachery
      Zachery commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct, branding free is just the removal of the copyright. If its purchased later we can manually remove the copyright notices or you can do an update to address it.

We do not do any custom coding.
  • rhemi553
    • May 2014
    • 4.2.X

From what I'm reading here on this forum... it appears that vBulletin 4 is the better version for now until vBulletin 5 Connect has more time to workout the bugs. So I will use vB4 version. Does the vBadvanced software work well with this version?
    Last edited by rhemi553; Sat 24 May '14, 7:05pm.

Comment

• donald1234
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by rhemi553
      Does the vBadvanced software work well with this version?
      Hi, yes you are right vb 4 is the most stable version at this time IMO and has by far the more mods available over at www.vbulletin.org plus commercial ones like vbadvanced. Branding free is just that, you can remove the "powered by Vbulletin" stuff wherever it appears

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

Originally posted by rhemi553
        Does the vBulletin branding appear in other places other than the bottom of the pages? If yes... where?
        You can find some copyright notices within the programming code. These are excluded from the branding free license and must remain where they are. However, they are not visible to the end user. The FAQ says the following:

"Also, please note that you must retain all copyright notices within the actual product programming code (these notices do not affect any visible vBulletin pages). Note also this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name. It only allows you to remove the vBulletin copyright information. The vBulletin branding-free license concerns the removal of visual branding."

Comment

• gotFusion
          • May 2014
          • 5.0.X

Is the branding free upgrade a one time purchase?

I.E. Will upgrading to the next full version require another branding free purchase? OR does a single branding free purchase move forward and applied to all subsequent releases of the product?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by gotFusion
            Is the branding free upgrade a one time purchase?

I.E. Will upgrading to the next full version require another branding free purchase? OR does a single branding free purchase move forward and applied to all subsequent releases of the product?
            It's a one time purchase. It applies to one license in your account. As long as you upgrade that one license (say it was VB3, then upgraded to VB4, and later upgraded to VB5) the same single branding free license applies to all versions.

If however you buy a 2nd full license so you can have 2 forums up at the same time, the branding free applies only to the one you purchased it for, not to both sites.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...