X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiss of death
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

Mobile suite questions

Hi about the mobile suite, does it only work on mobile platforms or is it the normal vbulletin suite with the mobile application built into it?

would i get any kind of a discount on it if i already bought 4x publishing suite?

and if i wanted to create an app for my forums would i need a mac or ipad, of can i do it on a windows pc?
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

Mobile Suite is a add-on so requires vBulletin Forums or Publishing Suite.... Mobile Suite is iPhone & Android dedicated/branded apps....

Discount = um no......

Apple = Mac is REQUIRED as well as $99/yr Developer Account - but some people offer App Submission Services and can submit app for you.

Android = can use windows, mac, any OS and there is a one-time $25 developer account fee..
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• kiss of death
      • May 2008
      • 3.7.x

thanks for the info

Comment

• jdj
        • Jan 2009
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by SteveLV702
        Mobile Suite is a add-on so requires vBulletin Forums or Publishing Suite.... Mobile Suite is iPhone & Android dedicated/branded apps....

Discount = um no......

Apple = Mac is REQUIRED as well as $99/yr Developer Account - but some people offer App Submission Services and can submit app for you.

Android = can use windows, mac, any OS and there is a one-time $25 developer account fee..
        If you want to use the mobile suite to publish apps then you need access to a Mac to be able to do it. We don't have a Mac but we do have an ipad.

Does anyone know the answer to the question of whether you can use an ipad to publish an app via the mobile suite rather than using a traditional Mac desktop or laptop?

Comment

• SteveLV702
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jdj
          If you want to use the mobile suite to publish apps then you need access to a Mac to be able to do it. We don't have a Mac but we do have an ipad.

Does anyone know the answer to the question of whether you can use an ipad to publish an app via the mobile suite rather than using a traditional Mac desktop or laptop?

No it requires Xcode and Application Loader which are only available for Mac OS (Snow Leopard & Lion)
          ------------------------------------------
          Steve
          DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...