X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imayne
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.1.x

To purchase or just wait?

I know I need a legitimate lic., but if I purchase vB4, will I get a free upgrade to vB5; or should I just wait for vB5 to release? The "web" is saying that if you purchase vB4 you will need to pay to update to vB5 which, to me, is bull. What are my options: wait or not? Are there any info of what vB5 consists so I can determine between 4 and 5?

Regards
    Last edited by imayne; Tue 24 Jan '12, 1:18am. Reason: spelling error (update - upgrade)
  • AdrianH
    • Sep 2007

Not bull at all. If you buy vB4 you pay. If you buy vB5 you pay again.

If you have WinXP do Microsoft give you Win7 for free? No.......

vB5 final is a loooooooong way off, buy vB4 and there may be an upgrade deal available when vB5 is ready for release.

Comment

• imayne
      • Jan 2012
      • 4.1.x

I don't mind paying again just like a small fee when upgrading from osx 10.6 to 10.7 But I need to know if I'm going to pay high upgrade fees. If so, I'd rather wait.

Comment

• AdrianH
        • Sep 2007

Who knows what the price structure will be, no one will tell you till the time comes. An indication is what happened last time https://www.vbulletin.com/ look at the prices and compare.

Comment

• imayne
          • Jan 2012
          • 4.1.x

In US its a bit cheaper than £! oh well, i'll purchase as soon as my theme is ready. Thanks.

Comment

• illusioNtEk
            • Jan 2012
            • 4.1.x

VB5 is years away.....

go with VB4

Comment

• Fredman
              • Feb 2012

I'd go with the tried-and-true stable version.
              Going with the first release of anything is usually not the greatest idea.

Comment

• Stallyon
                • Mar 2005
                • 4.2.X

I'm pretty sure that vBulletin will have some sort of special deal for upgrades from 4.x to 5.x when it's available. It is quite some time off before you'll see vB 5, so if you're keen to get started, take the plunge!
                A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
                vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...