Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yvrguy
    • Feb 2002

Posting of Photos

I want to set up a board where the thraed starts off with a picture and details of trades people. Then I want the ability for people to leave comments about their experience with their services.

My questions regarding photos

- Can we also allow that poster to attach a photo that would display as a thumbnail when people were viewing post? (maybe in place of avatar)

- With having the ability for people to add these photos and them being displayed as thumbnails... will this cause too many problems when the board gets quite sizeable in concurrent users and data?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can allow people to attach pictures and other files however you will have to add code to allow graphics to be displayed as thumbnails.

Everything you add to the system will add some resources that could be a problem when you become large. The trick will come in maintaining your server and your programming. If you make the thumbnails on the fly it would be much worse than if you made them once and stored them.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...