Forum with 30+ main forums and 150+ sub forums.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • photo123
    • Dec 2011

Forum with 30+ main forums and 150+ sub forums.

Hi,

I am creating a forum that will have 30+ main forums "including alphabet A - Z", and 150+ sub forums "Countries of the world", and yes I do need each country in it's sub forum and can not be merged.

I am worried about the "Jump to:" list, some XenForo users claim that having a big list will be a resource hog because the list has to be rebuilt each time any page is loaded, is the correct?, will it have a big impact?, also is it possible to make the list static so that it is pulled only one time per user session?

Thanks.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I wouldn't use the forum jump list for that type of setup, the amount of html per page would be staggering by itself.

Now when you 150 usbforums, do you mean per each main forum? So 4500 forums? Thats going to be a nightmare, and your site is going to look dead.

Comment

• photo123
      • Dec 2011

I mean a total of 150 sub forms, for example
      B
      -Bahamas
      -Baharain
      -Bangladish
      -Barbados
      -etc
      Q
      -Qatar [Q will have one sub forum only]

etc

I am aware that this may make the forum look dead, but I need this setup, so is a total of around 200 forums too much for the jump list?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Well, the jump list will work, but its going to have to render out 200 forums worth of links.
        Thats a lot of raw html per page to have to parse.

Comment

• photo123
          • Dec 2011

ok, is there a ready tweek that you can help me with to reduce the affect of this, or can you please guide me to a plugin etc that can help?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Not really, if you want a link to jump to every other forum on your site, on every page, its going to be a lot of html, there isn't much you can do about it short of disabling it.

Comment