When will support end for 3.8.7?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    The last status I know, is that we will continue to provide security updates for vBulletin 3 until it is not being used widely. To the best of my knowledge, this has not changed.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D.
    Depends what your definition of "soon" is... VB 3.8.8 is still in Beta... So there is still development- at least enough to provide security patches for the immediate future for VB 3.8.x. What a year or two will bring, no one can say.
    It has been in Beta for a year. Describing this as "there is development" really stretches it. And of course IB could say, if they wanted or had an idea in the first place. This is not some fate-decided happenstance, just the usual we have no direction whatsoever where we want to go with our products.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by david007

Great. Well it looks like I won't be purchasing 3 licenses of vBulletin anymore, because v 3.8 won't be supported with security updates soon.
    Depends what your definition of "soon" is... VB 3.8.8 is still in Beta... So there is still development- at least enough to provide security patches for the immediate future for VB 3.8.x. What a year or two will bring, no one can say.

Leave a comment:

• david007
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne
    We do not have a timeframe. We can tell you that in the past, we were only providing security upgrade for two versions back, which in this case would be the 4.2.x versions. For some reason, they are continuing to do security updates for 3.8, but nothing has been officially changed to say that we should. So, I would expect that it could end at anytime.
    Great. Well it looks like I won't be purchasing 3 licenses of vBulletin anymore, because v 3.8 won't be supported with security updates soon.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    We do not have a timeframe. We can tell you that in the past, we were only providing security upgrade for two versions back, which in this case would be the 4.2.x versions. For some reason, they are continuing to do security updates for 3.8, but nothing has been officially changed to say that we should. So, I would expect that it could end at anytime.

Leave a comment:

• david007
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B
    You can purchase 3.8 by buying a vB5 license as normal, you can then choose which version to run. If your server runs php 5.4 then use vB 3.8.8 for compatibility reasons. We still provide support for 3.8 but there is no active development on this series.
    Would you know the timeframe when the security updates for 3.8 will stop being supported?
    Last edited by david007; Sun 4 May '14, 5:14am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You can purchase 3.8 by buying a vB5 license as normal, you can then choose which version to run. If your server runs php 5.4 then use vB 3.8.8 for compatibility reasons. We still provide support for 3.8 but there is no active development on this series.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by david007
    I want to purchase vBulletin 3.8.7 only,
    Not possible.

and I do not want version 4 or 5. Is this possible?
    Possible.
    Buy vB 5 and you will be allowed to use any lower versions.

If so, when will you stop supporting vBulletin 3.8.7? Because I don't want to purchase vBulletin and then find out that support will end for 3.8.7 in a few months.
    Don't expect it to be supported.

Leave a comment:

• david007
    started a topic When will support end for 3.8.7?

When will support end for 3.8.7?

Hello,

I want to purchase vBulletin 3.8.7 only, and I do not want version 4 or 5. Is this possible?

If so, when will you stop supporting vBulletin 3.8.7? Because I don't want to purchase vBulletin and then find out that support will end for 3.8.7 in a few months.