• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nima1024
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.0.x

Migrating from Movable Type to vBulletin

Hello vB team,

I actually want to get a vBulletin Forum System and migrate from from Movable Type to vBulletin Forum (Not CMS or Blog).

But I have a question before purchase, I want to know if it is possible in vBulletin to import data/content created by other CMSs?
    Does not matter it's format, I can export all of my Movable Type contents to XML or HTML or RSS.

I want an automation process that creates a topic for each post in Movable Type with same formatting and style.

Imagine you have a huge XML or HTML file that consists many texts and style and want to import that into vB in a way that it create a separate topic for each index/section.

Is it possible at all? any plugin, add-on or scripts for this?

I only need my content to be copied to vB forum.

Regards,
    Nima
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by nima1024

I actually want to get a vBulletin Forum System and migrate from from Movable Type to vBulletin Forum (Not CMS or Blog).
    I want an automation process that creates a topic for each post in Movable Type with same formatting and style.
    Is it possible at all? any plugin, add-on or scripts for this?
    Highly unlikely.
    Try to get advice on vbulletin.org.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Hello,

I am sorry we have no way of importing data from that software- nor does our importer work from RSS, HTML, or XML files. Our Impex software is limited to importing forum content from some popular software such as phpBB, MyBB, SMF, and the like.

vBulletin.org would be the place to ask about custom importing but unfortunately you will not be able to get much info without first having a VB license.

You would really need to find a 3rd party capable of doing a custom import to move to vBulletin.
      Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Tue 22 Apr '14, 5:19am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...