X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zadi
    • Jan 2002

Post-sale: Nullified license

Please do not respond if you are not a representative of JelSoft.

To whom it may concern,

Today we were told our license, which was purchased less, then three weeks ago, was nullified due to violating an Intellectual
    Property Violation clause.

We protest this action due to the fact that we have not done anything to warrant nullification. In fact, in recent weeks, we have had problems with people attempting to impersonate administrators at our message board as well as attempting to associate themselves with us. We (I) did contact an administrator at Vbulletin.org about it when we discovered that someone (who does own a warez forum) was attempting to use our licensed board in his profile. A complaint was made to [email protected] about it.

We do not host warez nor do we condone it. We have removed several members from our forum due to this reason. We even shut down our registration to keep people from registering with us looking for warez. Of course many of these bitter people "vowed" to take us down and even registered our name on various warez link exchanges (which is a hassle to get removed) but we are NOT a warez group or site.

Yes we do discuss the warez scene but we also discuss viruses, does that make us associated with virus writers? We also discuss cooking, does that make us a cooking site? We are a community that discusses practically everything under the sun from our children to how to get rid of viruses from a computer to even how to "hack" (modify) games (example Red Faction hacks aka mods). This does not make our site illegal. We even had an attorney look at our site to make sure we are not violating any laws on intellectual properties by discussing the latest news.

At this time we have removed the forums from our site until we can resolve this matter. If our license is not reinstated we do ask for a full refund because we did not violate any of Jelsoft's terms of service and as such why should we pay for something that we did not do? By either failing to reinstate us or failing to refund us our payment, that is akin to theft since we paid for a service that was basically stolen from us.

We do like Jelsoft's VBB but we do not like the fact that we were "nullified" without having the chance to defend ourselves and for the money we paid to be basically taken from us without that chance.

We do ask that Jelsoft reconsider the nullification or at least do the decent thing and reimburst us for the money paid 19 days ago.

P.S. Those two sites that we know of that has attempted to associate themselves with our legitimate license are still active. So why not go after them since they are warez boards? We're not.
  • The Prohacker
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.8.x

Re: Post-sale: Nullified license

Originally posted by zadi
    Please do not respond if you are not a representative of JelSoft.

Thats brilliant, you post on a public forum, and tell people not to post unless part of the company, umm, this is what email was made for, which I'm sure is what they want you to do....

[email protected]

Comment

• zadi
      • Jan 2002

Re: Re: Post-sale: Nullified license

Originally posted by The Prohacker
      Thats brilliant, you post on a public forum, and tell people not to post unless part of the company, umm, this is what email was made for, which I'm sure is what they want you to do....

[email protected]
      Been there, done that. No response.

Comment

• nuno
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.8.x

well i'm sure that John wouldnt do that w/o a strong reason to do so
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

• WizyWyg
          • Jul 2001

Also, John could be busy with other more important matters and will get back to you when he can.

You didn't state when you emailed him/vbulletin, so I have to assume that you only emailed them within the last 24 hours (which doesn't give anyone time to figure out what is going on)

Also, vbulletin has the right to pull anyone's license.
          If you violated one or more of their policies or they found another instance of your forum/license being used on another server, you've violated your agreement.

Please take this up with vbulletin. YOU should still have access to the MEMBERS AREA on the main page and you can submit a support ticket that way as well.
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• WizyWyg
            • Jul 2001

Re: Post-sale: Nullified license

Originally posted by zadi
            P.S. Those two sites that we know of that has attempted to associate themselves with our legitimate license are still active. So why not go after them since they are warez boards? We're not.
            Unless you gave them your install files or they got your install files, there's no way vbulletin can go after them. They could be legit vbulletin users with their own license.
            There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• zadi
              • Jan 2002

Thanks WizyWyg. I did not see the support ticket part.

What made me more upset about the situation is that we were not given the chance to defend ourselves before the license was revoked and we just paid for the license less then three weeks ago.

As I said to a Vbulletin.org admin, it's not fair that OTHER people attempt to associate themselves with us, put our link to warez link exchanges, or try to impersonate us (though they can't download files from there without the license) and we end up losing our license because of it.

We've had problems with some warez groups because we delete their accounts and stuff from our boards and have banned them from our site because we're so sick of that s**t. We just have had too many problems with our site on warez link exchanges (and boy is that a pain to try and get taken down from) all because people want to get us into trouble for nothing.

We just want our license back so not to let those warez groups win.

Comment

• tubedogg
                • Feb 2001

Since we are all merely speculating on what is the actual reason behind the letter you got, I'm going to close this thread as it is not appropriate for public discussion. Please contact [email protected] and he will respond as soon as possible.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...