UBB Freeware 2000...how can I switch to vB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chevy454
    • Feb 2002

UBB Freeware 2000...how can I switch to vB?

This is kind of an off the wall request, but here goes!

I am currently running the UBB freeware version 2000a, and it's naturally been hacked on repeatedly. Well, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get a licensed version, but I am leaning towards vB, as it seems like a lot better set up. I run a web site for a national car club, and there is a lot of information that I would like to keep if possible. BUT, there isn't an importer for the freeware version of UBB. So what can I do now? I could possibly see if I could snag a licensed version long enough, then import it into the vB, but is there another (read "better") way I could do this? The memberlist I could do by hand, but the threads I would like to save.
  • WizyWyg
    • Jul 2001

Dont know, but the forum I used to go to, just "froze" their ubb free version and used it as an archive and posted a link from their new VB forum if someone wanted to see what was said before. AFter a year, people forgot about the old ubb forum and they took it off line. No one misses it
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• JamesUS
      • Aug 2000

I'm afraid there's no way to directly import into UBB. You could either ask for help in hacking an import script at vBulletin.org, or import into the full UBB and then import from UBB -> vB.

Comment

• Chevy454
        • Feb 2002

OK, I went to vbulletin.org, and was going to post a request, but it won't let me, as I am not a vB user! So, I guess I'm kind of at a standoff.

I really want to switch to vB, but if I can't retain any of the previous tech info on my board, then I probably won't switch. What a mess I've gotten myself into!

Comment

• WizyWyg
          • Jul 2001

Do as I suggested. You dont necessarily have to convert. Just keep the old forum but close it to new posts, and have a Forum on Vbulletin that is a link to the old forum. Threads that need to be discussed more in detail can be re-opened on your new forum.

Many sites do this.
          There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...