Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EchoHype
    • Feb 2002

What do you think.....

Ok, so as most of you know some major web designer sites, such as flashkit and dreamincode, well, I plan on having a large site, with roughly 1000+members within the first 1-1/2 months. So do you think I should buy the VB and just go with that rather than continue to mod out my IBv3? Or should I keep the IB, and when i get many members than switch over to VB?

Also, with VB, lets say I don't want to pay that additional 30$ per month, can I still mod the boards(like codign aspects, "hacks" etc.)?

Thanks

-James
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

After running/owning a large forum, I would choose VB right away and never turn back. I have used almost every forum out there in testing, and none come close to VB in my mind.
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Re: What do you think.....

Originally posted by EchoHype
      Also, with VB, lets say I don't want to pay that additional 30$ per month, can I still mod the boards(like codign aspects, "hacks" etc.)?
      What $30.00 per month? We charge you one fee of $160.00 to own the software. You can then purchase the right to upgrade for $30.00 per year after your first year. Support of course is free with purchase.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• EchoHype
        • Feb 2002

Ahhh ha, misread it, cool, only 30$ per year, but wait wait, when you say" the right to upgrade it" what does that mean? I can't chaneg colors, add users, change forums, etc etc etc etc?

Also, does it have the available "hacks" like ikonboard does? Able to change just about EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING!!!!!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

"Right to Upgrade" means the ability to download new versions as they become available. You will always have the right to change colors, layout and style.

Since I don't use Ikonboard nor do I follow its develop except to know when it has a new release, I don't know what hacks it has available to it. However I do know that vBulletin has a strong and inventive hacking community that has provided hundreds if not thousands of different add-ons, features, and template modifications for you to choose from. You can see this vibrant sub-community by going to www.vbulletin.org/.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• EchoHype
            • Feb 2002

Okluke thanks, and one more thing.....when i read about the extra 30$ per year it says "If you require access to the member area after the year has elapsed, you can renew your access for $30 per year."

What exactly does this mean?

-James

Comment

• JamesUS
              • Aug 2000

The Members Area is where you go to download updates, import scripts and other things. If you don't require access to download upgrades then you don't need to pay the renewal fee.

Comment

• EchoHype
                • Feb 2002

Ok, but I can still do all the same modifications to my boards as I would do when I didn't pay the 30$?

Comment

• JamesUS
                  • Aug 2000

Yes you can. If you don't pay you can do everything except download new versions and import scripts.

Comment

• EchoHype
                    • Feb 2002

Ahhhh, thank you very very much for clearing that up

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...