X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cidrack
    • Mar 2014
    • 5.0.X

About Database...

Hi Guys...I Would like to know if my database from my forum is my. If by chance one day I want to migrate to another platform if I can take my data with me. Thanks.
  • rudedog1968
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.8.x

Are you talking cloud or self install?

Self Install - most definitely yes - As long as the new forum script has an importer from your VB to their software.
    Cloud - while they offer a service to export your database (not sure if they charge for it yet), I'm not sure what is included and what can be used if you ever decide to move. Again depending on the importer for the other forum script.
    Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Hello,

If you buy the download version of vBulletin of course it is yours, you have complete control.

If you buy a vBCloud plan then yes your database is also yours. You are free to request a copy at any time free of charge. We will setup a temporary FTP account from which you can download the database. You can keep it as a backup or use it however you wish.

Comment

• Cidrack
        • Mar 2014
        • 5.0.X

Thanks... one doubt´please... and if I already use the cloud version, advantage is I buy the software? and why? I Would like to compare. Thanks.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

There are plusses and minuses to both the Licensed version and the Cloud Version.

With the Licensed Version you get better access to modifications, gain access to the code itself. The trade off is you need to obtain hosting and maintain the software on that hosting.

With the Cloud version, there is more security in place but the handling of the software and upgrades as well as maintaining the servers is handled by us.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cidrack
            • Mar 2014
            • 5.0.X

Thnaks.. one more Doubt. I Would like that my layout forum like this:

So, using full page with banners on the side.... on VBulletin Cloud is possible? How?

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Cidrack

So, using full page with banners on the side.... on VBulletin Cloud is possible? How?
              No.

That forum is using vBadvanced ,which is a modification to the vB software.
              You cannot modify Cloud.
              Go advanced with the most popular vBulletin portal - vBadvanced CMPS. Download our FREE vB portal or check out our other vB add-ons to take your vBulletin forums to the next level!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Cidrack
                • Mar 2014
                • 5.0.X

So, if I want to use a VBadvanced I need the Software VBulletin Connect 5? is This?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Cidrack
                  Thnaks.. one more Doubt. I Would like that my layout forum like this:

Hello,

The forum you linked to is using a very old version of vBulletin 3.x. vBulletin Cloud is only for vBulletin 5.x forums. This forum you're on right now is an example of a vBulletin 5 forum and the cloud forum would look very much link this forum until you customize it.

Some other examples of VB5 cloud sites are http://rabidbadger.vbulletin.net and http://sedona.vbulletin.net

If you want to use vBulletin 3.x and the modification vBulletin Advanced then you must purchase the download version of the VB5 Connect license and you will have the option to use VB 3.x if you really want- though I would suggest you go no lower than VB 4.2.2. vBAdvanced is available for both VB 3.x and VB 4.x. It is not available for VB 5.x.

Comment

• Cidrack
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 5.0.X

Ok, I understood that I cannot use VBadvanced with VB5... My question is if I can use VB5 self and fill up the space on both sides with info: banners, ads, polls etc. In other words, I would like to add information to the grey lateral area on this screen we're looking at right now, without the aid of any special template. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5 has its own version of vBAdvanced built-in. You can adjust the layout and add different modules to the pages to create a custom look. We don't provide 3 columns in Cloud at this time but it is something we want to do in the future.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cidrack
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 5.0.X

Thanks... in this case I will purchase the Software.

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...