Thinking of buying another license, vB5!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvilEmpire
    • Feb 2007

Thinking of buying another license, vB5!

But I do have a question.
    First of all, I suck at all technical stuff. I just know what kind of functions I need and then i try to find a software that provides all this with decent graphics.

vB 5 seems to be new, and i found a post here on vbulletin.com saying that it has a CMS built in. Is there any page out there using all this? I would like to see.
    I tried to find the function on my trial version but couldnt find it.
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

The new version that has the CMS is still in the beta (testing) stage.

This is an unstable Beta Release of the software. It is not recommended to be used on production systems at this time. Today we're proud to release vBulletin 5.1.0 Beta 1. It is available to all customers

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

Originally posted by EvilEmpire
      and i found a post here on vbulletin.com saying that it has a CMS built in. Is there any page out there using all this?
      The CMS will come with the next release, vB 5.1.0. You can have a look at the latest beta under this link:

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

This is where past misuse of the term "CMS" may be an issue.

CMS as defined as a Content Management System is an intrinsic part of VB5 and has been from the very first version. Using the Suite Builder functions and modules you can create new pages and display the various content types in various ways.

What is new in VB 5.1.0 is the Articles content type which can for the first time handle Articles previously created in our VB 4.x Publishing Suite. Many people called the VB4 Articles System the "CMS" because they were kind of integrated in VB4. VB5 however has had the CMS functions all along, it is merely the Articles that are coming back in VB 5.1.0,

Comment