• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HerrBert
    • Feb 2014
    • 5.0.X

"Best answer" "Most helpful answer" "Post Rating"

Hi,

we want to buy vBulletin but couldn't find this Feature in the Features list and searching in the Forum just showed us a Plugin for this Feature for Version 3.8..

We want that the Thread opener and/or other Users can mark Answers as helpful or rate them and that the most helpful answer will be shown immediately under the the initial Posting.

Is this possible with vBulletin 5?

Thank you very much in advance.
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

No, that is not possible in vB5 at the moment.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Hello,

It could be possible with a custom modification but so far no one has made this modification yet that I am aware. You could look to hire someone to code one for you if you wanted.

Comment

• Ankzkumar
        • Aug 2016
        • 5.2.x

I am also looking for Mod of Vbulletin 5 connect which can allow voting of best answer and put that answer at top . This feature should be similar to quora website . I also think vbulletin should allow this feature in their next release and it is very important feature . Why cant vbulletin itself give this feature by default ?

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Ankzkumar
          I am also looking for Mod of Vbulletin 5 connect which can allow voting of best answer and put that answer at top . This feature should be similar to quora website . I also think vbulletin should allow this feature in their next release and it is very important feature . Why cant vbulletin itself give this feature by default ?
          There are no plans to add such a feature at the present time.

Your best bet would be to speak to a private third party code...for example, https://vbmods.rocks is one site that takes on custom work.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Ankzkumar
            • Aug 2016
            • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

There are no plans to add such a feature at the present time.

Your best bet would be to speak to a private third party code...for example, https://vbmods.rocks is one site that takes on custom work.
            I have asked these people for new function if they can help however asking for a custom module will be very costly .

Comment

• bootsie1
              • Jun 2017
              • 5.3.x

Not exactly true if enough people are interestef in this mod then this could cut the cost considerbly as he would get more orders for it rather than just for 1 person
              Cometbar

DartsLeague

Comment

• Ankzkumar
                • Aug 2016
                • 5.2.x

I told him if he can build one . He told since it is complicated task and since vbulletin is not built that way he can not add such feature . I think i have to look for vbulletin to be something like this as this can be a very good game changer in forum softwares .

Comment

• In Omnibus
                  • Apr 2010

This shouldn't even require a mod. How difficult would it be to sort posts descending by the number of likes? Not very. A simple JSON search module should be able to accommodate this request.

Comment

• Ankzkumar
                    • Aug 2016
                    • 5.2.x

Originally posted by In Omnibus
                    This shouldn't even require a mod. How difficult would it be to sort posts descending by the number of likes? Not very. A simple JSON search module should be able to accommodate this request.

I have seen something similar in warrior forum . Dont know why they rejected the request . Looking for a mod for reply rating just like quora .

Both Likes and dislikes count +1 and -1

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by In Omnibus
                      Take note that this request is for the thread/topic pages to sort replies by number of votes (likes in vB's case) so you can't just use a search module. What the OP is requesting is displaying the threads like Quora or StackOverflow does. So it's like a Q&A with the best answer at the top. I told the OP on my site that this requires hacking the core PHP code and/or templates to implement this feature. I do not intend to do this mod at the moment. I might consider it in the future but definitely not in the near future.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment