Can I edit user posts that involve pictures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeBoy
    • Feb 2014
    • 5.0.X

Can I edit user posts that involve pictures?

Just wondering if someone posts images on my forum, can I then reupload the images of a different image host without affecting their original post?

So basically their post stays the same but the image has changed what host site it uses
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Well, with the proper permissions you can edit user posts, so of course that also includes links (to images).

Comment

• JakeBoy
      • Feb 2014
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by TLMD
      Well, with the proper permissions you can edit user posts, so of course that also includes links (to images).
      What do you mean proper permissions? I'm guessing the forum owner would have these. And I mean images with links on them, can you change them?

Thanks

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

The forum owner (usually the administrator) can give permissions to certain usergroups, which allow to do such changes. If you belong to such usergroup, you can edit any post in the same way the user created it.

I don't understand what you mean by "links on them", but if you are talking about a link to a site, where the image is hosted, of course you can also change that link.

Comment

• JakeBoy
          • Feb 2014
          • 5.0.X

Okay many thanks for the reply. I think I get it now.

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

You should try the vB5 Trial, it gives you access to the AdminCP. There you can play around a little and see how everything works.

Comment

• JakeBoy
              • Feb 2014
              • 5.0.X

Nice one yeah I will do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...