Import users/threads/posts from vb 3.8 into vb 5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Emil
    • Aug 2003
    • 3.6.x

Import users/threads/posts from vb 3.8 into vb 5?

I guess this kind of is a pre-sale question. I have not used vbulletin for a few years, but I am now trying to get my old forum up and running again.

Last time my forum was online, it was running on vb 3.8 and that is from where the database back up is.

Can I make a fresh install of vb 5 and then import the old database and get everything back (users, threads, posts, etc)? I had 1 million+ posts and 15,000+ members.

I have been trying to set up a new vb 3.8 to import the database just to try things (and then upgrade my way to vb 5) but I can not get it to work on my server (from what I understand, 3.8 only works with older php versions?).
    DaShadyBoard.com
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

vBulletin 5 does not have any kind of importer.

You could theoretically upgrade from vB3.8 to 4.x and then, if you are daring, to 5.x. But personally I'd just get your 3.8 working again. Unfortunately, there is no feature-complete vBulletin version that is fully compatible with the most recent versions of PHP, MySQL, and current web browsers. They all have compromises.

Comment

• Emil
      • Aug 2003
      • 3.6.x

Thank you. I will try to get 3.8 working again..and then possibly upgrade to at least 4.
      DaShadyBoard.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...