How difficult are the PHP and MySQL installs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dick in Wisconsin
    • Jan 2014
    • 5.0.X

How difficult are the PHP and MySQL installs?

We want to install vBulletin (probably v4.X) on our intranet, inside the firewall, for internal use only. IT is "scoping" the amount of work necessary.

We will either be on a server dedicated to vBulletin, PHP, MySQL or they will share a server (if that's possible). I call it a "virtual server" ... I hope I'm right. We don't have MySQL now (so its a new animal), we do have and support Pro2SQL.

How much work is it to install and configure the PHP and MySQL to prepare the server for vBulletin? Is it a simple, straight forward process? or is there a significant amount of work (hours) involved in doing this?

The business units want to move this along quickly. Thanks for your help!
  • DoDeH1
    • Jan 2008
    • 4.2.X

What type of server are you talking about... linux, windows, etc?
    The most easy for internal purpose is to install easyphp which includes Apache, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin and Xdebug. You can install it on any Windows XP, 7 or 8. After the install is done you only password protect your root data base and start installing the vbulletin script. As easy as it gets
    Last edited by DoDeH1; Fri 24 Jan '14, 9:14am.

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

I would absolutely build a box and install some kind of LAMP package on it (apache, mysql, php), rather than trying to install all these separate programs and spending dozens of hours trying to configure them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...