Does vBulletin support emailing a post or thread to someone.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dick in Wisconsin
    • Jan 2014
    • 5.0.X

Does vBulletin support emailing a post or thread to someone.

We're evaluating vBulletin. I don't see that functionality on this vBulletin powered forum. I have seen and used the ability to email a post or thread directly to someone on a forum that uses UBB.threads(tm) forum software. Does vBulletin easilyl support that functionality? Thanks!

Dick
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The functionality is in vBulletin 4.X. It isn't in 5.X. A user can easily copy and paste the page address and mail that to someone or put it in a text message.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dick in Wisconsin
      • Jan 2014
      • 5.0.X

Wayne: Thanks for the prompt response. I'm surprised the functionality is in an older version (4.X) and not in the newer version (5.X). Can you give me any insight into why that is? Are there plans to put that functionality into 5.X? Thanks!

Comment

• Kent55
        • Oct 2012

vBulletin 5.X is still a fairly new software and the development team are mainly focusing on vB 5.1.0 which brings back the CMS functionality in the software. I recommend starting your forum with vBulletin 4 as it comes with many features including "email to a friend". Not to mention vB 5.1.0 is in beta at the moment, so therefore it is not supported. However when you have a vBulletin license you can suggest new features to be added back to vBulletin 5 via JIRA.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...