X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djcaseanova
    • Apr 2006
    • 5.1.x

Built in photo gallery?

Maybe I missed it in the features list, but does VB5 come with an integrated photo album/gallery arrangement? I am not talking about having to use add ons, hacks or plugins. Thanks!
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

I think you are correct, there is no gallery arrangement as such available in vB 5. But you can create an "album topic", which only shows images. You can also use the photos filter above the floating bar to only show images of a specific forum.

Comment

• djcaseanova
      • Apr 2006
      • 5.1.x

Okay, thanks. I have a customer base that highly relies on being able to display photos and images. I was hoping there would have been a VB5 created/supported gallery included. Back when I used photopost with VB3.6.5, it worked great up until they said my photopost license had expired. Which is a whole other story in itself, but after that fiasco, I have since gone to other software and it seems there are always security concerns using add-on software, etc.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

1. Users can build "Gallery" topic threads in forums by adding multiple pictures through the Camera icon in the editor.
        2. Users can build Albums in their profiles on the Media tab using similar functionality.
        3. You can set up forums so they show a "Photos" tab and that contains all the images uploaded to that forum channel.

Those are the only ways we currently support Galleries and Albums.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TPW
          • Dec 2013

Wayne, just to clarify, for example we have a forum category called "FORUM X" which is a sub category on the main forum, in that specific category, we could have a photo tab that showed all uploaded photos to discussions or started topics in that specific category, thanks for your help and thanks to the OP for the original question.

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

Originally posted by TPW
            a sub category on the main forum, in that specific category, we could have a photo tab that showed all uploaded photos to discussions or started topics in that specific category
            Via Site Builder you can decide which tabs above the floating bar show up, so it is possible to create a "sub-forum" that only shows the Photo's tab. But as far as I know the photo's tab only shows pictures that were actually uploaded as photos (the little camera icon in the editor), not all images within all posts of that specific forum.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TLMD
              Via Site Builder you can decide which tabs above the floating bar show up, so it is possible to create a "sub-forum" that only shows the Photo's tab. But as far as I know the photo's tab only shows pictures that were actually uploaded as photos (the little camera icon in the editor), not all images within all posts of that specific forum.
              That is correct, it will only show photos uploaded via the camera icon, it won't "find" random images inside threads that may use the [IMG] bbcode.

Comment

• bxb
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                1. Users can build "Gallery" topic threads in forums by adding multiple pictures through the Camera icon in the editor.
                2. Users can build Albums in their profiles on the Media tab using similar functionality.
                3. You can set up forums so they show a "Photos" tab and that contains all the images uploaded to that forum channel.

Those are the only ways we currently support Galleries and Albums.
                In site builder I dont see anything to add this, can you give a how to?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

1. Browse to the forum in question

2. Enable Site Builder -> Edit Page

3. Click pencil icon on Channel Display Module

4. You can choose to display only photos tab, or Show Stream View Filter to only Photos, make changes her, or change the default tab to Photos, whatever you want to do, do it here.

5. Save changes.

Comment

• alexchar
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 5.1.x

I think that it would be better if you upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.2 and use DragonByte vB Gallery, lite/free or pro/commercial version.
                    Bring back hooks in vBulletin 5 Connect
                    Vote here: VBV-10333
                    For a better vBulletin 5 product!
                    Sorry for my English!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Using s 3rd party solution is a last resort- you may find yourself unable to upgrade if there is no version of your add-on for the new version of the forum software,

Comment

• TexArkana
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 3.5.x

Please forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but this is the closest I've come searching for a solution to an issue.

Using vB 5.3.1

Regarding the Photos tab above the floating bar... when I'm logged in as an admin and I select this tab, I see the photos that have been posted to the forum I'm in, abd the Filter works. But Registered users only see "No photos found." even if the Filter is set to "Any Time."

What permissions affect a user's ability to see these photos? I cannot seem to find the right combination.

Thanks,

Tex
                        Last edited by TexArkana; Fri 7 Jul '17, 5:16pm. Reason: Added vB version

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

Hello, please ask your question in an appropriate VB5 support forum, forum support is not given in pre-sales forum.

Comment