X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mobosix
    • Oct 2003
    • 4.2.X

Are Album/Image comments gone in vB5?

In vB5, is it no longer possible to make comments to an image?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You can't comment on specific images but if you create an "Album Topic" - basically upload your images to a new topic or existing post, you can leave posts/comments on it.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

I'd also add this works better than before, as people actually get to read the comments.....
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• mobosix
        • Oct 2003
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
        You can't comment on specific images but if you create an "Album Topic" - basically upload your images to a new topic or existing post, you can leave posts/comments on it.
        But then users have to upload the image to their Album and to a thread. Unless of course if you upload an image to a thread it gives you the option of adding it to a new or existing Album? Let's try that on this post...

Comment

• mobosix
          • Oct 2003
          • 4.2.X

No, it does not give the option to added it to an Album at the time of uploading. I also see that it only displays a thumbnail image in the thread (or is that a setting here on this forum?). The light box also appears to mess up the transparent background of the PNG file.

I agree that before photo comments where really hidden, but that was better than not having them at all I think a better solution would have been to make the photo comments function just like a normal thread. That is, show up on the Activity Stream or New Posts and to send notifications out... even allow people to subscribe to an Album or photo.

It is much easier to add a photo from your Albums to a post, so that is a bonus... just not sure if offsets the lose of other functions.

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

Originally posted by mobosix
            I also see that it only displays a thumbnail image in the thread (or is that a setting here on this forum?).
            Yes, pictures uploaded via the little camera icon in the editor are being added as an "album", which creates the thumbnails you are mentioning. Next to them it says "x Photos", which indicates the number of photos that were uploaded in that specific post. This is no setting on this forum, it is the way pictures are being implemented when you use the Share Photos option in the editor.

The light box also appears to mess up the transparent background of the PNG file.
            The lightbox currently isn't the best. There are issues with transparent backgrounds. Also the images are way too small. But several JIRAs do exist with suggestions on the Share Photos option as well as on the lightbox itself. They might be implemented in a future version of vB 5.

Comment

• mobosix
              • Oct 2003
              • 4.2.X

Thanks for the info TLMD.

Originally posted by TLMD
              Yes, pictures uploaded via the little camera icon in the editor are being added as an "album", which creates the thumbnails you are mentioning. Next to them it says "x Photos", which indicates the number of photos that were uploaded in that specific post. This is no setting on this forum, it is the way pictures are being implemented when you use the Share Photos option in the editor.
              I did not notice that it created an album for them in my Media tab. That's a step in the right direction. But there is no way to have larger images displayed in that album? That's not good at all.

I'm going to upload some more images to this thread and see how it works here and in the albums.

Comment

• TLMD
                • Sep 2012
                • 5.6.X

But there is no way to have larger images displayed in that album? That's not good at all.
                The lightbox definetly needs some improvements. There are JIRAs for issues with the lightbox, so maybe we will see improvements in an upcoming release of vB5.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Agreed, the lightbox in vb5 needs work.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• mobosix
                    mobosix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So is work being done on this? It seems like vB5 needs a lot of work for a "finished" product.
                • BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

The product is always being improved.

Comment

• mobosix
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 4.2.X

Yes it is. I've been a vB customer since 2003, but this is the first time I've felt the new version was actually a step backwards... or at least missing/lacking in standard components/features.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

Temporary solution for the lightbox here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-temporary-fix

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment