X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Decoder
    • Feb 2002

question...

i am currently running phpBB2 RC-2

is there a way for me to transfer everything over???

also i would like to know how i can order VBB
    i'm only 17 and no credit card

but want to software

also i'm curious on how much space/bandwidth these boards usually take up

and what does a one year lincese entitle me too?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Re: question...

Originally posted by Decoder
    i am currently running phpBB2 RC-2

is there a way for me to transfer everything over???

also i would like to know how i can order VBB
    i'm only 17 and no credit card

but want to software

also i'm curious on how much space/bandwidth these boards usually take up

and what does a one year lincese entitle me too?
    Hi

With a one year license, you are allowed to run one copy of vbulletin on one web server, for one web site, for one year. After that your, you have to either renew the license or stop using it.

The space/bandw. depends on the amount of users and their activity. Some small forums have loads of traffic, because they allow uploads of (big) files. Other big sites have hardly any activity and only score views, they have the same amount of traffic. Some users claim they only have 1gb per month, others 1tb per month. vBulletin has enough features, and they can be turned on and off through the back end. This might help reducing bandwidth issues/traffic. Another option is the use of the gzip compression level. Which helps a lot.

You can start a sales-ticked to the sales department through the frontpage of www.vbulletin.com (see sig) and request other payment options, I thought everything they allow was displayed on their license / purchase page.

About phpBB .. because this is a release candidate, and not an official final version, many things will change, on builds. This is making it hard to create an official import script. And therefor I doubt an official one has been released. You could check over at vbulletin.org for unofficial import scripts.

Hope my awsers help you a little bit vB is great!

Comment

• Decoder
      • Feb 2002

thanks
      i will be buying realy soon

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Decoder
        thanks
        i will be buying realy soon
        Feel free to follow the link in my signature, so I get a litte commission. (Doesn't cost you anything; you refer to me automaticly).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...