Presale Questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gillysnyter
    • Nov 2013

Cause I want to do like a testing purposes to see what forum would best suit me I don't want to go all the trouble re uploading it and then deleting it lol.

Comment

• Gillysnyter
      • Nov 2013

Is it possible to buy to the New License and pay a little extra for the upgrade?

Comment

• allanh
        • Apr 2003
        • 3.6.x

1. You can install 2 copies of vBulletin softwares at any one time under 1 license. One for live board, one for testing (i.e. non-live)
        2. After you buy vB5, you get all the upgrades in the 5.X versions. If vB6 comes out and you want it, then you need to pay the upgrade fee again
        3. Upgrades are free within the same version (e.g. 5.0.1->5.2.1)

Comment

• Gillysnyter
          • Nov 2013

How is the security is it good or bad? Like for someone to have a kiddy scripts. Are VB4/5 mySQL DB meaning like is it setup in the same structure? Or is it completely different because I dont want to have to go through all the setup again.

Comment

• allanh
            • Apr 2003
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Gillysnyter
            How is the security is it good or bad? Like for someone to have a kiddy scripts. Are VB4/5 mySQL DB meaning like is it setup in the same structure? Or is it completely different because I dont want to have to go through all the setup again.

I don't know much about security of VB5. Seems reasonable.

If you are interested, I am selling my copy of VB5+Mobile suite for $300 USD (that is nearly 100 dollar off ).. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

• Gillysnyter
              • Nov 2013

Can I get that for my Christmas or you wont be offering that until Christmas?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

I am not aware of any planned discounts or sales for the holiday season. At this time.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• allanh
                  • Apr 2003
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Gillysnyter
                  Can I get that for my Christmas or you wont be offering that until Christmas?
                  If I still haven't sold the package by Christmas, you can definitely still buy it from me then. But no guarantees, might get an offer before then.

Comment