X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soli
    • Nov 2011

RE: Activity feed in vBulletin

Hi everyone,

I was thinking, it is obvious that an activity feed in vBulletin is long overdue. I am constantly going to "Settings" to find new posts for the threads I have participated in and this could be a more centralized and expanded function. But how exactly? I have some rough ideas, but would like to hear some more from other customers first. What could an activity feed in vBulletin look like and what activity should be fed?

Scott
    As a user who uses vBulletin forums all the time, I would like to add that I would really like to see this. I think instead of these "notifications" that some have suggested, I would most prefer a "new replies" feed. Where you can look at all threads where someone replied. You already get notified when you receive a pm, and when someone posts (first post only) on subscribed threads. So those arn't really needed. And I don't see the point of the reputation notification. Only one of the forums I am active on uses it, and no one really bothers with it.

Basically, I think the best solution would be a "new replies" search that shows all updated topics. ^^. ~Just my opinion. I added this here, apparently I lack permissions to post on the thread .

~Thanks!

(Maybe a mod can merge my post on that thread )

Scott Quoted Posts
    Reputation Received
    PM Notifications
    Reply To Posts In Subscribed Threads

(added after edit)

Following Articles & Blogs I Commented In.

(I haven't seen this post yet so...)
    Announcements and Notices
    ps; I signed up just to comment ^^.

(This is a little off topic, but I would like to see a setting that sends an email everytime you get a reply. This would probably have to be turned off by default as I can see that being a bit intensive for the forum, especially if it has a large amount of members on it. I can understand why there is no email every single reply/pm received feature. ^^.).
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Soli
    (This is a little off topic, but I would like to see a setting that sends an email everytime you get a reply. This would probably have to be turned off by default as I can see that being a bit intensive for the forum, especially if it has a large amount of members on it. I can understand why there is no email every single reply/pm received feature. ^^.).
    Actually this is already an option for most systems within vBulletin.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Soli
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Actually this is already an option for most systems within vBulletin.
      Do the admins have to enable it? By default the "Instant notification by email" or email for a new private message will only send you an email the very first time you get a pm/new reply on the thread. All further replys or pm's do not send an email.

Comment

• Riasat
        • Aug 2006

you can go to "Settings" page and get all your subscribed thread lists.

ps: don't ask me what it is in "settings"

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

To get further vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...