This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How easy is it to integrate vBulletin into WordPress

Hello everyone,

My question is really simple, as stated in the title: How easy is it to integrate vBulletin into WordPress?

I have been creating multiple WordPress sites, but never integrated vBulletin. Is it even possible and if yes, how easy it it?

Thanks
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Hello

It's possible for vBulletin 3 and 4 but requires a third party bridge.
    We can't provide support for this, but you can find out more on the modifications site, www.vbulletin.org.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Really depends on what you mean by integrate...

If you want to share users between the two systems, it can be difficult unless you find a plugin. If you just want to have similar colors and look, then it can be quite easy.

However there is no native integration between the two products.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Actually I mean integrate in like implementing vBulletin into a WordPress page - ie. iframe or similiar.

Only the design so the forum looks like a part of the website.

I have tried playing around with iframe before using other forum software and the height always seems to be a problem; it isn't fluid.

Comment

• acebaser
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Really depends on what you mean by integrate...

If you want to share users between the two systems, it can be difficult unless you find a plugin. If you just want to have similar colors and look, then it can be quite easy.

However there is no native integration between the two products.
          I also am wondering on having the same look and feel between vB and Wordpress. Specifically, how hard is it to have the Wordpress menus on top and have the vBulletin forum within that? Not looking to share users. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thank You

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by acebaser

I also am wondering on having the same look and feel between vB and Wordpress. Specifically, how hard is it to have the Wordpress menus on top and have the vBulletin forum within that? Not looking to share users. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thank You
            As Wayne mentioned, we don't have any native integration between the two products. It would require custom coding, you can get help with that on vbulletin.org once you have a license.
            We don't support custom code but we also don't provide support unless you have a license.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• royalinalk
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mp3dk
              Actually I mean integrate in like FIFA 13 Coins implementing vBulletin into a WordPress page - ie. iframe or similiar.

Only the design so the forum looks like a part of the Diablo 3 Gold website.

I have tried playing around with iframe before using other forum software and the Runescape Gold height always seems to be a problem; it isn't fluid.
              If you just want to have similar colors and look, then it can be quite easy.....

Comment

• wacnstac
                • Jul 2000
                • 3.6.x

A vb supported bridge between the two would have been a smart move by vb around the time of the first 4 release. Of course they went out and tried to create their own CMS instead. The rest is history.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

You can use a tool like Premise - http://getpremise.com/access/
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• FreshFroot_
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by wacnstac
                    A vb supported bridge between the two would have been a smart move by vb around the time of the first 4 release. Of course they went out and tried to create their own CMS instead. The rest is history.

I think creating their OWN CMS was a good idea. The problem was it wasn't made with the intention of making a GOOD product. It was made because they wanted to make more MONEY.

Comment