X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maqboolh
    • Jul 2013
    • 4.2.X

Buying VBulletin and SMF to VB migration help

Hi, this is my very first post, hence sorry if it is going in wrong section.

I have few questions and seeking urgent help from you all VBulletin team. As of now i am running a forum which is having about 2000 articles and 5000 post. This domain is live since September 2011. CMS running is SMF 2.0.4. Now i want to move/migrate this entire forum on VBulletin 4.xx if possible (not on VB 5.x). Before i go for the same, i have few questions, please help.

1. Is it possible to migrate the entire date from SMF to VBulletin without loosing anything like User Database, changing thread date/time, etc ? How much will it effect me in Google as the URLs will be changed?
    2. I dont haven't done migration from SMF to VB, hence i want someone from VB team to do the same for me. What will be the charges?
    3. I need just VBulletin Forums license, not the entire suite including Blogs, CMS, Mobile Suite, etc. ONLY FORUMS. How much will it cost and where can i buy it?

Please reply soon. Thank you....
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Stop starting the same thread over and over!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

We do not offer a professional (paid) migration service. You could find someone else to do the migration for you or you could attempt it yourself. We offer an import tool, called Impex, which is free with the purchase of a license.

After you have purchased a license you could post a request on the "Request for Paid Services" forum on www.vbulletin.org if you are interested in finding someone to do it for you. Be aware we do not pre-screen people who may respond to your request, it is at your own risk. Read all sticky threads and announcements in that forum before hiring/paying anyone.

Here is our Impex manual: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex (Choose vBulletin 4.2.1 from the drop down menu in the top left or the version you want)

It should be compatible with SMF 2.0. It is a tier 1 system so we will provide support if needed.

All your users, threads, posts, will come over. However users will need to reset their passwords once they have been imported into vBulletin 4.x. Here are the specifics on SMF2: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_smf

Finally, we only sell vBulletin 5 connect licenses now. You purchase that license (for $249) and you get access to the VB 4.x Suite. You can disable the blog and CMS if you don't want to use them but we no longer sell a "Forum Only" license.

Comment

• Maqboolh
        • Jul 2013
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by feldon23
        Stop starting the same thread over and over!
        Sorry for the same but that happened due to an error "Empty Response" every time while submitting. Hence i though my query is not getting submitted. Even after refreshing the page i was not able to see the post. Anyways. i had been in conversation with "Hartmut Voss" from support team and he cleared the doubts about moderation and all. So. Please merge this thread with http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...migration-help. Thank you.

Comment

• rudedog1968
          • Feb 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Maqboolh

Sorry for the same but that happened due to an error "Empty Response" every time while submitting. Hence i though my query is not getting submitted. Even after refreshing the page i was not able to see the post. Anyways. i had been in conversation with "Hartmut Voss" from support team and he cleared the doubts about moderation and all. So. Please merge this thread with http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...migration-help. Thank you.
          Remember this is the same version you will be installing on your own forums. Make sure you do you homework before you purchase any software.
          Not so Rude, Rudedog FPSadmin.com | twitter | Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 - Games for Windows

Comment

• Maqboolh
            • Jul 2013
            • 4.2.X

Hence i was asking for VB 4xx . I just dont want to go with VB5. Ohh BTW, just purchased the software/license. Now preparing for installation and migration. Hope everything goes well.

Comment

• Deimos
              • Oct 2002
              • 3.8.x

What Rudedog said, if the forum here doesn't work properly, then can you really rely on it on your own site?
              Do your home work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...