X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alirex
    • Apr 2010

VBulletin 5 Stable version ?

Sorry if someone asked before i have not found any or may be not matched with the title.

I am old license holder for vB 4 but i am intrested in vB 5 too for another project. So is there any stable version so far released for vB 5 ?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by alirex
    So is there any stable version so far released for vB 5 ?
    You are using it right now on this very forum.
    This is the Stablest version.
    A Stabler version might come in the future.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

is there any stable version so far released for vB 5 ?
      Not that I've encountered.

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

So is there any stable version so far released for vB 5 ?
        All officially released versions of vB are considered to be stable. The most recent one is vB 5.0.3. That doesn't mean there are no issues left, so future versions will bring up more improvements.

Comment

• sowup
          Banned
          • Jun 2012
          • 4.2.X

vb3 and vb4 are DISGUSTING. people only used them because of the marketing of vbulletin, they looked awful. no idea why some people still use them because they are the ones loosing, no one bother's discussing or having a good time on any vb3 or vb4 forums because they look awful.

but vb5 is pretty nice.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

vBulletin 5.0.3 (What this forum is running) is considered a stable version in that it is out of Beta and supported. Yes, there are bugs and every new release will see a number of bug fixes and performance boosts. 5.0.4 should be out soon and more versions to follow.

VB 4.x has fewer bugs but is older technology. You can use a demo of either or both at www.vbulletin.com, click the "Try it Now" link to setup a demo. You get access to all older versions with your VB 5.x license, so you can run the version that works best for you- if that is an older version you can still upgrade to VB 5.x later on for no additional cost.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by sowup
              vb3 and vb4 are DISGUSTING. people only used them because of the marketing of vbulletin, they looked awful. no idea why some people still use them because they are the ones loosing, no one bother's discussing or having a good time on any vb3 or vb4 forums because they look awful.

but vb5 is pretty nice.
              Please associate your vBulletin license with your forum account.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• JKerviel12
                • Feb 2008

but vb5 is pretty nice.
                Whatever are you talking about? I'm using vB4 and I'm very happy with it, and in my opinion it looks better than vB5. I have a vB5 licence but I'm not planning on upgrading anytime soon.

Comment

• alirex
                  • Apr 2010

Thank you every one for giving light on this issue. I will defiantly buy vB 5 soon.

Thank You very very much. I still love VB 4 but when technology moves we too need to move.

Comment

• feldon23
                    • Nov 2001
                    • 3.7.x

So hundreds of thousands of customers over the last 12 years have been wrong to buy vB?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...