• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelTalk
    • Jun 2013
    • 4.2.X

Hopefully the last couple of Questions before I Buy

So is my understanding Right...

It seems that VBulletin 5 has some kinks and it's Probably best to run 4.2 for my new forum ?

Or Can I Buy VB 5 Now and still run 4.2 from VB 5 ?

I also want to have Mobile, so if VB 5 isn't good for me, I would Buy 4.2 and then have to buy Mobile on the side ?

Another question... as I said before my backround is over 5 years now working VB Admin panel as a Super Moderator , and while there the Owners used a Tech Support guy ( on Call )
    any down time , Updates, etc were handled by him. So My question is, do I Hire a Tech support guy ??
    and if I do hire someone, what's the Price range ??

Going with Nimbus for Hosting... so I have that covered

also will be paying a VB Skin for my site

Trying to think of any other questions I have... Just want to put all my eggs in One basket, so I can get Started.

Thanks for any help with these.
  • captainslater
    • Jun 2006

Hy,

you can buy vBulletin 5 Mobile Suite and use still vB 4.2.

If you want to upgrade later that's possible.

We don't have a price range for tech support as we're just providing an installation/upgrade service. I don't know what's the rate for services out there. But there might be some sites which are covering tech support.
    To infinity and beyond!
    Deutschsprachige vBulletin News & Tipps
    captainslater
    - Eine vBulletin Cloud-Site

Comment

• TravelTalk
      • Jun 2013
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Dominic
      Hy,

We don't have a price range for tech support as we're just providing an installation/upgrade service. I don't know what's the rate for services out there. But there might be some sites which are covering tech support.
      So if I buy VB 5 Mobile suite I can just use 4.2 for now on my Site. This will work if you are on a PC and Mobile ?

Yeah they used an outside Tech company because it is a Big site. I can only hope one day I will need that. lol
      So i guess if there are any problems I can come here or the other VB forum to get help of some kind.

ok, so I have my Domain... will buy VB 5 Mobile Suite,( there's no current CMS with this ?? ) will contact Numbus for Hosting. and then I guess I can start working on my Forum.
      I'll have to find out if Nimbus can host my Home page... and see what I can use to build it.

Comment

• TravelTalk
        • Jun 2013
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Dominic
        Hy,

So if I buy VB 5 Mobile suite I can just use 4.2 for now on my Site. This will work if you are on a PC and Mobile ?

Yeah they used an outside Tech company because it is a Big site. I can only hope one day I will need that. lol
        So i guess if there are any problems I can come here or the other VB forum to get help of some kind.

ok, so I have my Domain... will buy VB 5 Mobile Suite,( there's no current CMS with this ?? ) will contact Numbus for Hosting. and then I guess I can start working on my Forum.
        I'll have to find out if Nimbus can host my Home page... and see what I can use to build it.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

If you buy the VB5 Mobile package, yes you can use the VB 4.2 Suite + mobile package instead. This will give you the forum, the mobile style, and a mobile app for Android and iOS devices.

Please note, since you brought up a PC, you will need access to a Mac OSX computer to 'sign' the mobile app for Apple's app store.

Comment

• TravelTalk
            • Jun 2013
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
            If you buy the VB5 Mobile package, yes you can use the VB 4.2 Suite + mobile package instead. This will give you the forum, the mobile style, and a mobile app for Android and iOS devices.

Please note, since you brought up a PC, you will need access to a Mac OSX computer to 'sign' the mobile app for Apple's app store.

Or have someone that has OSX on their computer to do it for me.

Comment

• TravelTalk
              • Jun 2013
              • 4.2.X

Thank you Joe D.

Sorry I keep asking the same question. Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes here, because I am Ready to buy

so I'm buying vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle for $399, and with this License/ Version, I can use VB 4.2 and use the Mobile Suite that comes with this Bundle on VB 4.2 ?

Just waiting on your answer so I could move forward with my Purchase.

Thanks again

Comment

• libyan_5u
                • Jun 2013
                • 5.0.X

hello,

I need to download vBulletin v5.0.3

where's the link of download?

how I can upload vBulletin v5.0.3 directly from your from your website to my web hosting?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TravelTalk

Thank you Joe D.

Sorry I keep asking the same question. Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes here, because I am Ready to buy

so I'm buying vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle for $399, and with this License/ Version, I can use VB 4.2 and use the Mobile Suite that comes with this Bundle on VB 4.2 ?

Just waiting on your answer so I could move forward with my Purchase.

Thanks again
                  Correct / yes. You can use the mobile suite on 4.2.1.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by libyan_5u
                    hello,

I need to download vBulletin v5.0.3

where's the link of download?

how I can upload vBulletin v5.0.3 directly from your from your website to my web hosting?
                    You can download at https://members.vbulletin.com.

If you need further help please post in the support forum, or raise a support ticket.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• TravelTalk
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 4.2.X

Correct / yes. You can use the mobile suite on 4.2.1.
                      Thanks again for your Help Joe D

Bought my bundle Today.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...