Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrashdownGurl
    • Mar 2002

Upgrading From Vbulletin 3.8.7

I have Vbulletin 3.8.7 - Is there an upgrade package? Or do I need to pay full price to upgrade?

Thank you
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by CrashdownGurl
    Or do I need to pay full price to upgrade?
    Yes, that is the only option.(vB5 licence)

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

I have Vbulletin 3.8.7 - Is there an upgrade package? Or do I need to pay full price to upgrade?

Thank you
      You want to upgrade to 3.8.8?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Thank you
        As a VB 3.x license holder there is a $40 discount on the upgrade making your total cost $209. The Upgrade license will give you access to VB 3.8.8, all of VB 4.x including future versions, and all of VB 5.x, including future versions.

Comment

• Chase
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.6.x

See this is frustrating to me. Why can't vBulletin (a forum software I've been with since '02) offer an upgrade service to get the latest stable 3.x. version? I have absolutely no desire or motivation to upgrade to 4 let alone 5.

I run 3.8.7 on my forum and would be totally willing to pay <$80 to upgrade to 3.8.8 but I can't fathom paying >$200 for a product I don't want to use (vB4 and 5.)

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Chase
            See this is frustrating to me. Why can't vBulletin (a forum software I've been with since '02) offer an upgrade service to get the latest stable 3.x. version? I have absolutely no desire or motivation to upgrade to 4 let alone 5.

I run 3.8.7 on my forum and would be totally willing to pay <$80 to upgrade to 3.8.8 but I can't fathom paying >$200 for a product I don't want to use (vB4 and 5.)
            When buying a vB5 license you get access to vB5, vB4 and vB3, so you can upgrade your vB3 installation to the latest version.

I can understand that you don't want to pay a full price for a product you don't want to use. In your case the upgrade to vB 3.8.8 costs you 200 USD, which is quite a lot. However after some years there might be changes to the way a software is licensed, and in this case IB decided to continue with onetime payments for lifetime upgrades within a product cycle. After all it seems as if you have no other chance than to buy a vB5 license to get your vB3 installation upgraded.

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Chase

IB is leaving money on the table by not offering an affordable 3.8.x upgrade. They had one, and I have to think a lot of people availed themselves of it, but now it's gone and we're back to the $200+ price just to get current on 3.8.x.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...