Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jderouen
    • Jan 2006

Question about Mobile suite

We are about to upgrade our vBulletin forums from 3.5 to the most current and will be adding the publishing suite and the mobile suite as well. In fact, I was about to check out when I noticed the disclaimer: "I acknowledge that in order to have my mobile applications public on the iTunes store and Android marketplace an iOS developer account*, Android developer account* and access to an Apple computer running Snow Leopard or newer is required."

We don't have these things. Is the Mobile Suite then useless to us? One of my partners does have a Mac running the newest OS and we could later register accounts for those services, but don't have the budget to do it now. So I guess I'm asking, is there more to the mobile suite than the ability to make an app for mobile devices? And can you make an app and hand out free to your members w/out putting it in the Apple or Android stores?

Thanks!
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

Question about Mobile suite

Android yes can just have people download the apk file install on their phone don't have to have android dev account even though it's only a $25 one-time fee..

iOS on the other hand gotta go in the Apple App Store only way hand out without having dev account would require all your users to jailbreak their device..
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• jderouen
      • Jan 2006

So there are no other advantages to purchasing the mobile suite other than the ability to make aps?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

That is what the mobile suite is, the iOS and Android app.s

Comment

• karenyvonne
          • Jan 2009

well that's just madeningly unhelpful lol

Comment

• Allthumbz
            • Oct 2011

Question, can my users still access my site on a cell phone without our purchasing the mobile suite?

Thanks.
            Nelson
            www.Hobby-Machinist.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Yes.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...