X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

Slow?

I kind of like this CMS, but is it always this SLOW!!!

I try viewing vBulletin.com on my home computer, at work and at the library and any place I view it, the site is just stupidly slow. When I click "CMS" from the vBulletin.com home page, it takes 3-4 mins to load on any of those computers and then it pops up an error "Only secure contact was displayed".

I don't know if I want to take a chance with it, if it's always going to be this slow. Maybe there are just problems right now, or lack of maitenance that is slowing it down??
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

And also, it seems like the only style that works is the default style, every time I try a different style, it works on the main page usually okay, but on other pages things always look the wrong color or out of place. They still retain colors from the default theme... it's like none of the additional themes are complete.

Comment

• Kensino
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.8.x

Is it because this website is some how entirely https now??

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

When I visit the CMS here, it comes up relatively quickly. Even on my 3G iPad. What browser are you using?

The additional styles were made with the style generator as a demonstration. I don't think they were updated for all versions that have come out since. We'll have to look at them once we get time to do so. They do not ship with the product though, only the default style does.

HTTPS should add very minimal overhead to the entire system.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• cerberuz
          • May 2009
          • 3.8.x

I've just been testing our vbcms page load times as im forever getting the spinning circle in the browser tab, i installed a copy of Wordpress on the same server and it loads a lot quicker than vbcms, infact our vbcms page loads in 19.88seconds, whereas the wordpress site loads up in 1.29 seconds, To add insult to injury ive just paid for a years dedicated hosting and now find out thats its vbcms thats slow, if my site was wordpress based i'd could still be on a decent vps at £700 a year instead of the £3000 i paid for a dedicated server, Im now in the process of converting to WP for the CMS but keeping vb forums..

EDIT: the load page times of 19.88 seconds are with help from a CDN aswell, No doubt it would be slower without the static images being pulled from the CDN.. the WP site has no CDN support yet, although i will be adding that when ive installed the w3cache plugin

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Reset your CMS cache. If you need further assistance, you'll need to post in the support forum for your version.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...