X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

Cannot order vb5

So I went through the process to order an upgrade from vb3 to vb5. A bit of a pain as when I changed the currency from USD to GBP the page refreshed back to your homepage. Clicking through to vb5 Connect allowed me to read but not to buy, then ended up in the members area with no Cart link.

Anyway, finally found my way back into the vb5 Cart page, went through the order process via Paypal, clicked continue to go back on the vb site to accept the licence - and now the order is frozen on a blank white page: https://www.vbulletin.com/paypal/express/placeOrder/

No worries, will refresh the URL - the Place Order button is active but if I click it, I need to check the "I Agree to this licence" box - fine, I click that - oh, but now the Place Order button has paled to inactive.

So I click "Update Order Data", then the "Place Order" button becomes active - I click it - and I get a white screen again.

I noticed you're using Magento, which kinds of explains it - I tried it before and it's the worst ecommerce software I have ever had the misfortune to try to run. One of my suppliers runs it and has nothing but problems, too.

Anyway, I still cannot order from vbulletin to buy my first vb5 licence. Looks like Magento is screwing up your potential customers as well.

Just FYI.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Please contact the sales office directly with the number provided... 1-877-326-6444
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• I, Brian
      • Feb 2003
      • 3.6.x

I'd rather wait until you fix it. Based in the UK, I'm not keen on ringing the USA.

Comment

• I, Brian
        • Feb 2003
        • 3.6.x

I'm happy to see what it looks like once the ordering system has been fixed.

Comment

• OhioDave
          Banned
          • Jul 2012

Don't forget to read the reviews feedback about vBulletin 5 before purchasing!

Comment

• I, Brian
            • Feb 2003
            • 3.6.x

This STILL doesn't work.

vbulletin, how can you have an online ordering system that hasn't worked properly for at least 3 months?

I'm sorry vb team, I can't buy from you until you fix your online ordering system. And if you think I should ring the United States to complete the order then you plainly don't get the internet.

In the meantime, feel free to let me know when you get this fixed.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

I'm sorry you are having issues, but it is also clear the system has worked for the vast majority of people over the last several months.Someone from Sales should be able to confirm but I believe despite having the currency chooser we only can accept US Dollars at this time.

Comment

• I, Brian
                • Feb 2003
                • 3.6.x

Yep, that seems to be the problem - ordering is offered in GBP, but crashes the system.

You might want to drop the currency chooser, even though some of us UK customers like our receipts in GBP for easier accounting.

Comment