X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karabaja2
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.7.x

3.8.8 upgrade license

I do not understand why the upgrade to version v3.8.8. is only available to customers who have a license for v4 and v5? Where is the logic?
    So, if I want to upgrade from 3.8.7 Patch Level 3 to v3.8.8. I need to buy a USD$199.00 license for v5. Funny As Hell.

I hope you will allow (legal) ability to upgrade all V3.8. users for a symbolic fee.
  • Lawrence Cole
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by karabaja2
    I do not understand why the upgrade to version v3.8.8. is only available to customers who have a license for v4 and v5? Where is the logic?
    So, if I want to upgrade from 3.8.7 Patch Level 3 to v3.8.8. I need to buy a USD$199.00 license for v5. Funny As Hell.

I hope you will allow (legal) ability to upgrade all V3.8. users for a symbolic fee.
    Hello Karabaja2,

We made the upgrade available to all active customers. Since vBulletin 3 was end of life'd some time ago, those are not considered active licenses. We haven't sold those licenses directly since 2009. At the same time, we realize than vBulletin 3 is a popular version and that many of our active (vB4 and vB5) customers still use it, so we made the update available to them since those licenses are still officially supported under the terms of those license agreements.

Comment

• zelnik
      • Aug 2008
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lawrence Cole
      Hello Karabaja2,

We made the upgrade available to all active customers. Since vBulletin 3 was end of life'd some time ago, those are not considered active licenses. We haven't sold those licenses directly since 2009. At the same time, we realize than vBulletin 3 is a popular version and that many of our active (vB4 and vB5) customers still use it, so we made the update available to them since those licenses are still officially supported under the terms of those license agreements.
      Are you aware how incredibly contradictory your entire statement is? *face palm*

Comment

• karabaja2
        • Jan 2008
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by zelnik
        Originally posted by Lawrence Cole
        Hello Karabaja2,

Are you aware how incredibly contradictory your entire statement is? *face palm*
        I'm pretty sure he is not aware. : (
        Such bussiness policy is one of the main reasons I did not upgraded my three licenses.But I do not have the will and energy to convince them otherwise.

Comment

• JuniorNation
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by karabaja2

They wont... This has become a joke and trying to force users to buy there ****ty VB5 just to upgrade to 3.8.8 is not going to happen. I bought into Xenforo and with $40 every 12 months I am entitled to all updates. You're best way to go is switch to Xenforo.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...