Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wirockstar
    • Sep 2011

adsense - how does it work on vBulletin

I am a complete novice and thinking about building a forum. I'll need to monetize it immediately as I build it. I'm very curious to know how the adsense feature works. How easy is it to install/turn-on? How does it work? Do I have to program in the keywords or does the system automatically determine the content? Are there areas for ads on every single forum page or just certain ones? Is it an automated/automatic process once implemented? Does is allow me to limit type of ad (text only vs. banners only vs. both vs. etc.) and turn on/off certain ad positions?

Here's my vision/hope: I'm hoping you turn on the adsense feature and that vB has all the ad spaces mapped out and somehow it communicates keywords for each page to adsense so the proper ads are served up automatically based on the content of the page. I'm hoping the ads are on the main pages as well as the string pages. I'm also hoping that when a new string is created, that all of the adsense setup for that new string/pages is automatic (so in other words, as new pages are created, new adsense ads are populated based off the content of the new page (it automatically determines the keyword content and installs or serves-up the ads).

I'm hoping someone will go through all my babble above and give me a detailed answer on how it all works. Like I said, I'm a complete novice and really the answers to this question will determine if I purchase vB and follow through with my business concept. I'd really appreciate some detailed info.

Thanks,
    Jeff

PS: Also, if you know of an example vB board that is using just the stock, out of the box, non-modified code for ads, please give me the URL so I can see what it looks like.
  • TheNewOne
    • Aug 2011

first make an account here once you do go to the members area login you will see the option to add adsense. It will take a few days for them to approve you

Comment

• wirockstar
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TheNewOne
      first make an account here once you do go to the members area login you will see the option to add adsense. It will take a few days for them to approve you
      Let me clarify - I understand that I'll have to register a google adsense account. I'm curious about how vB handles it.

Comment

• TheNewOne
        • Aug 2011

you need to register a adsense account then link it to your forum software it is easy to do

Comment