Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Barr
    • Apr 2013

Near impossible to buy this software

The PayPal magento checkout has bugs in it which wouldnt let me order.

I paid by credit card and the money was taken from my account.

I'm then emailed by vBulletin telling me that payment was declined.

I'm then email telling me that I will be refunded in 5-7 days.

As it currently stands I've paid the money. They have the money, I have no software and no one replied to my support ticket to tell me whats happening.

All I want is the software I paid for
  • The Crow
    • Jan 2009
    • 4.2.X

Ouch. Sorry man, if for some reason you can't get it here, you can buy a second hand license elsewhere. It'll be cheaper for sure, just make sure you get it from someone with good reputation.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

In regards to taking money, we actually haven't. Your bank has only issued us authorization to take it, since we declined the order, the authorization is still in place, even though we've issued the decline. This is how credit cards work, and we're not really able to change the system.

Once the authorization falls off, the money is returned to your account.

If you live in the USA/Canada you can call the 1800 sales line number and get assistance with your purchase between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm PDT. If you're outside of the US/Canada, or outside of the normal sales hours, you can send an email to [email protected] for purchase assistance.

Comment

• Stallyon
        • Mar 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
        In regards to taking money, we actually haven't. Your bank has only issued us authorization to take it, since we declined the order, the authorization is still in place, even though we've issued the decline. This is how credit cards work, and we're not really able to change the system. Once the authorization falls off, the money is returned to your account. If you live in the USA/Canada you can call the 1800 sales line number and get assistance with your purchase between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm PDT. If you're outside of the US/Canada, or outside of the normal sales hours, you can send an email to [email protected] for purchase assistance.
        They don't help, so don't waste your time or effort. I stuck with vBulletin 4.2 because their "helpful sales staff" just told me to keep trying, and by the end I had around a grand worth of authorisations on my credit card. They also will not help the authorisation to go back onto you card because they don't have a company logo to send to your bank to say the payment is not required, plus "it's not their policy". It took 3 weeks for the authorisations to be returned again. I tried again a few months ago, same story so I am just resigned to the fact vBulletin either doesn't want my money or thinks I am a criminal.
        A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
        vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...