Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jenwiss
    • Aug 2011

vBulletin vs Phpbb

Hello, I am just looking at different forum options for a site (vBulletin, phpbb etc) and looking for any discussions on which is best and why. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by jenwiss
    Hello, I am just looking at different forum options for a site (vBulletin, phpbb etc) and looking for any discussions on which is best and why. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• dtommy79
      • Jul 2007
      • 4.0.x

vBulletin is way more superior than phpbb. There is nothing to discuss, really.
      If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
      *Learn Hungarian*

Comment

• AusPhotography
        • Nov 2007

vB >>> phpBB !!
        environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
        Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

• The Rocketeer
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by jenwiss
          I was also mainly running a Phpbb board for about a few years then switched to vBulletin 3, that was great, But then We switched to vb4 couple years back and it hasn't been pleasant. Constant Bugs, lazy support and devs(my support ticket hasn't been answered in 3 days)

Overall I am somewhat satisfied, its better than phpbb2 and phpbb3, But just not what I expected from vB4 at that price. So I wouldn't recommend it to someone just yet, maybe in a year or two when they improve their software because it feels like I am in a testing team constantly testing a piece of half done software. Anyhow, IMO You should try myBB first (its a lot like vBulletin and For the Free price tag you cant beat Phpbb or MyBB).
          Also look for more information on Xenfro (run by the original vB guys after I.B. took over vB) or IPB is also okay, but not my taste.

No offence to anyone at vBulletin and I know a lot of members may disagree, but just my 2 cents.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...