X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaN-DeeP
    • Dec 2003
    • 1.1.x

VB5 Questions before purchase/upgrade.

I am little confused about vb5 license upgrades.
    We have several vb3 and vb4 licenses and planning to upgrade all our sites shortly.
    All our existing licenses are branding free.

How much will each new vb5 license cost ?
    How much will upgrade to vb5 cost ?
    Are we eligible for any kind of discounts ?
    Will we need to re-purchase the branding free ?

Thanks and waiting your reply.
    TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You do not have to re-purchase branding options if you upgrade.

The base upgrade price is $209 a license. The cost of a new license (with branding) is $249.

Email [email protected] to see what discounts you may be eligible for with multiple licenses or just log into vBulletin.com and put them in your shopping cart- discounts are automatically applied.

Comment

• SaN-DeeP
      • Dec 2003
      • 1.1.x

Hi Joe,
      Can you guide me to some links, which shows major differences/changes between vbulletin 3. vbulletin4 and vbulletin 5 ?

Thanks.
      TechArena - TechArena Community - Technology News - Tools Download - Tech Video - Gamer Guide - Hardware Review

Comment

• feldon23
        feldon23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok it is beyond IDIOTIC that writing a Comment on the Visitor Messages tab under a User's Profile causes the message to post here. What the heck?

Why do the threads a user has posted to show up under Visitor Messages anyway?
        Last edited by feldon23; Fri 5 Apr '13, 9:46am.
    • wii
      • Sep 2000
      • 3.8.x

I would like to see that too, would not be easy

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
      Hi Joe, Can you guide me to some links, which shows major differences/changes between vbulletin 3. vbulletin4 and vbulletin 5 ? Thanks.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

We don't have any existing pages showing the differences between VB 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x. Really 3.x shouldn't even be considered at this point, it was great software and I can understand no upgrading a site that works, but VB4 has everything VB3 does and more and is a stable platform.

Your only real choice should be between VB4 and VB5 at this time.

VB5 still has some major bugs, and while work is ongoing it is no secret VB 4.2.0 is the most stable version we currently have out and the one I would recommend starting out with at this time.

Over the next several months you can watch this forum and upgrade to VB5 when you feel it will meet your needs.

Comment