X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OneManArmy
    • Mar 2013

Cancellation Policy?

Hello,

It's always a tedious task on migrating existing forum site to another, particularly to VBulletin 5 Connect like software since it has been in Beta for a while. However the move to new social networking seems to be a good approach.

I registered for Demo, but I mainly concerned about upgrading to v4 and then 5 since this involves a lot of changes. I would like to particularly know the "Cancellation Policy" in any case if the software didn't work for me or Vbulletin team fail to provide all of the advertised features.

I'v seen certain forum software sites revoking licenses for silly reasons. After so much time spent on migration steps, I just want to make sure user rights and cancellation policy for VBulliten 5 Connet.

Thanks.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You are encouraged to read the license agreement before purchasing: http://www.vbulletin.com/license-agreement/

The refund policy is- if the software has been downloaded no refund will be possible, so please use the Demo and ask questions before buying or installing the software- be sure it is the forum software you want to use.

If you do not like it after downloading your only other option will be to use an older version (you can use VB 4.x or 3.x if you prefer) or not use the license at all.

We do allow license transfers (you can sell it to someone at your own risk) after 90 days.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
      • Sep 2001

You should check with outside sites on this for an idea of what to expect.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by OneManArmy
        Hello, It's always a tedious task on migrating existing forum site to another, particularly to VBulletin 5 Connect like software since it has been in Beta for a while. However the move to new social networking seems to be a good approach. I registered for Demo, but I mainly concerned about upgrading to v4 and then 5 since this involves a lot of changes. I would like to particularly know the "Cancellation Policy" in any case if the software didn't work for me or Vbulletin team fail to provide all of the advertised features. I'v seen certain forum software sites revoking licenses for silly reasons. After so much time spent on migration steps, I just want to make sure user rights and cancellation policy for VBulliten 5 Connet. Thanks.
        There are no Refunds on vBulletin 5. I'd do your homework on vB4 -> vB5 migration, feature parity between vB4 and vB5, and overall software stability before proceeding.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by feldon23
          Originally posted by OneManArmy
          Hello, It's always a tedious task on migrating existing forum site to another, particularly to VBulletin 5 Connect like software since it has been in Beta for a while. However the move to new social networking seems to be a good approach. I registered for Demo, but I mainly concerned about upgrading to v4 and then 5 since this involves a lot of changes. I would like to particularly know the "Cancellation Policy" in any case if the software didn't work for me or Vbulletin team fail to provide all of the advertised features. I'v seen certain forum software sites revoking licenses for silly reasons. After so much time spent on migration steps, I just want to make sure user rights and cancellation policy for VBulliten 5 Connet. Thanks.
          There are no Refunds on vBulletin 5...
          No refunds once it has been downloaded.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If there is a critical feature in 4.X that you need, then it is recommended you use that version until 5 is brought closer to feature parity. Right now the target is to release new versions close to monthly. vBulletin 5.0.1 is already with our QA team and brings some missing features back into the software. This will be repeated with 5.0.2 which is currently in development and 5.0.3 which is being planned and so forth.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• liamwli
              liamwli commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for my negligence, but what actually is your QA team?