4.0 Forum Classic or 4.0 Publishing Suite?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junius
    • Jul 2011

4.0 Forum Classic or 4.0 Publishing Suite?

Let me start by saying running a messge board is completely new to me. I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge and understanding of what to most of you is routine.

I plan to create and operate a message board. I am trying to decide whether to purchase 4.0 Forum Classic or 4.0 Publishing Suite.

1) What exactly is CMS (Content Management System)? What does it do and what benefit would it be to me?

2) If I don't really need CMS is the additional $90 for 4.0 Publishing Suite worth it to get ticket support or would I be just as well off to purchase 4.0 Forum Classic and get my help from forum support?
  • Peter M Dodge
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

CMS allows you to have additional static HTML and PHP pages as well as news articles on a home page of your site. It also includes blogs.

A complete breakdown of features is at: https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Junius
      2) If I don't really need CMS is the additional $90 for 4.0 Publishing Suite worth it to get ticket support or would I be just as well off to purchase 4.0 Forum Classic and get my help from forum support?
      Buy Forum Classic. For $100 you can upgrade to the Suite.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• alfanexus
        • Dec 2008
        • 5.5.x

The cms also lets you create a custom start page, where you can place widgets with new posts, new threats and so on. With the CMS you can create more of a community feel.

I prefer the suite, because it lets me do so much more. But if you just need a classic forum, then that would be the right package for you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...