X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildhearet
    • Jun 2011

Pre-buy questions

I want to buy the 4.0 Forum license.

> Is F5 Hosting compatible and reliable.
    > I am looking at going with the Silver package, is it enough for this software to run fast. http://www.f5hosting.com/plans.php (It is a small non-profitable forum.)
    > Do I first have to buy from F5 and then the vbulletin or the other way around?
    > I have no experience whatsoever, what type of support do I need to set it up?
    > Anybody here speaking Afrikaans?

Thanks for the help.
  • wildhearet
    • Jun 2011

I cant believe that nobody can even answer 1 question? How must I trust that there will be support after the purchase?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by wildhearet
      I want to buy the 4.0 Forum license.

> Is F5 Hosting compatible and reliable.
      > I am looking at going with the Silver package, is it enough for this software to run fast. http://www.f5hosting.com/plans.php (It is a small non-profitable forum.)
      No. vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 5.2) and MySQL (minimum 4.1.0) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

Discuss PHP and MySQL hosting here. Find out which hosts people like, and which to stay well clear of.

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.

> Do I first have to buy from F5 and then the vbulletin or the other way around?
      You can do it either way but you won't be able to download the software without entering a URL in the members area or install it without the hosting. I'd certainly look to find a host that meets the needs of the software first then purchase.

> I have no experience whatsoever, what type of support do I need to set it up?
      You need to edit one file to add your database information, upload it and point your browser to the install script - it does pretty well everything for you and pops up to ask for any information it needs (forum URLs, Admin login details you wish to setup). We have more on installing in this section of our CMS:

> Anybody here speaking Afrikaans?
      From a support perspective, we only provide support in English and Arabic.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• wildhearet
        • Jun 2011

Thank you for coming back to me. I did more research about the hosting and decided on another. I have a problem with forumotion who are unable to transfer my domain name, I am still waiting for a response from them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...