Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radiofranky
    • Jun 2011

the 1 yr expiration support and patches and updates is pretty bad deal

Version 4 has a lot of bugs and who knows how long it will take to get rid of all the issues. Let's say i buy it today and a year later vbulltin finds there is a serious security hole but my 1 yr membership expires. I paid $195 to get the vbulletin and now I have to paid an additional $175 to get the update because someone's negligent? I think vbulletin should at least give all valid v4x purchasers the access of security updates for free even beyond the 1 yr period.

cheers
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Um.

You don't need to buy it again. Once you buy a VB4 license, you get updates and fixes for the life of VB4. There is no need to buy anything extra unless you want telephone support.

There is no longer an expiration date or renewal fee for VB4 licenses.
    To be updated...

Comment

• Destron
      • Dec 2009

I think the one year expiration is only for support tickets, not for patches or updates.

Comment

• ENF
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Destron
        I think the one year expiration is only for support tickets, not for patches or updates.
        Oh yes, the ticket support for the FORUM only package expires after 1 year. Not the patches/fixes and support forum access etc. A lot of common problems can be answered or searched out on the forum.

The publishing suite has lifetime ticket support.
        To be updated...

Comment

• radiofranky
          • Jun 2011

thanks. I think i'm going to place an order. What should I buy? Forum or CSM? What I want to do is something like slickdeals.net

Comment

• Destron
            • Dec 2009

If you want blogs and cms, plus lifetime support tickets, then go for the publishing suite, if you feel you don't need any of those three things, then the forum is all you want. Main attraction for me with the publishing suite, is the lifetime support tickets, as I don't really need my blogs or cms.

Comment

• radiofranky
              • Jun 2011

thanks. support tickets is only if something goes wrong with the suite. Can you use support system to do the mods?

Comment

• radiofranky
                • Jun 2011

one more thing, I was wondering if there is a mod for "topic expiration"?

thanks

Comment

• ENF
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by radiofranky
                  thanks. support tickets is only if something goes wrong with the suite. Can you use support system to do the mods?
                  As long as you have vBulletin license, you'll retain access to vBulletin.com and vBulletin.org, provided you've enabled the service in your customer account here at vBulletin.com.

Mods are not officially supported by vBulletin.com, use any modification at your own risk.
                  To be updated...

Comment

• ENF
                    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by radiofranky
                    one more thing, I was wondering if there is a mod for "topic expiration"?

thanks
                    You'd have to ask vbulletin.org -- no idea if one exists or not.
                    To be updated...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

If by "topic expiration" you mean a mod that will auto-close a thread after a set amount of time, there is this for VB 4 here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243402

T
                      here is one for VB 3.x also if he is interested.

You will of course need to be licensed before you can download mods from vBulletin.org but you can read up on it now if you want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...