X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OptimusPrime
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin Upgrade

I have an owned license that I want to get updates for again. I had to let it lapse due to financial reasons. I am not interested in VB4. I just want to upgrade to 3.8. When I checked the members area to renew I didn't see an option for this. Is there any way to purchase just an upgrade for 3.8 or are we stuck having to pay for 4?
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

You have to pay for vb4 if you want access to vb3.8.

End of story. (otherwise, plead your case to [email protected])

There was a maintenance pack offer, but that has ended. (~2 months ago?)
    To be updated...

Comment

• OptimusPrime
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

I guess I'll just stay with what I have then seeing as to how I don't have the arm and leg that VB4 cost.

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

You can always try and fine a used license that has all 3.8 updates. I bet you could find one for 50 or less.
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• OptimusPrime
          • Sep 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
          You can always try and fine a used license that has all 3.8 updates. I bet you could find one for 50 or less.
          Thanks for the suggestion. Would that be considered legal and where would you suggest I look to find a used license?

Comment

• Loco.M
            • Mar 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by OptimusPrime
            Thanks for the suggestion. Would that be considered legal and where would you suggest I look to find a used license?
            Yes it is legal, you'll want to confirm ownership if you find someone you want to buy from. I think you can do that with the sales@vbulletin email, or one of their email accounts.
            Here are several licenses for sale
            Stand-alone scripts that you can install on your website.

also

Just double check that the license is legit like I mentioned above, and you should be good to go.
            The seller can have the license transferred to you, than you'll have full control.
            -- Web Developer for hire
            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...