X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Annelaise
    • Apr 2011

Deeply Considering Purchasing vBulletin - QUESTIONS

Hi all.

I am deeply considering purchasing vBulletin for a new forum I plan to start. I'm hoping to have iTrader, blogs, etc. etc. Some of the basic features I see that most have.

I'm not too sure the differences between the Forum & Suite. I saw the page with the differences, but does the forum include blogs & such?

Also, how much is Professional Installation for vBulletin? And are there certain hosting sites that you prefer over others?

I have a techy already but she won't be purchasing the license, I will be. I'm not much of a techy like her so that's why I'm asking about the professional installation. Would it be cheap?

Thank you.
  • Jackmill
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Nope, forum is just the forum. Suite is Forum + Blog + CMS. DOn't worry about professional installation as there are many people around to help you.

Check out the Bug tracker.

Comment

• Annelaise
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Jackmill
      Nope, forum is just the forum. Suite is Forum + Blog + CMS. DOn't worry about professional installation as there are many people around to help you.

Check out the Bug tracker.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
      The Suite is too spendy for me at the moment. Grrrr, are we able to install blogs to the reg. forum?

Comment

• punchbowl
        • Nov 2006
        • 4.0.x

nope. blogs are part of the suite

Comment

• Annelaise
          • Apr 2011

The payment is a one-time payment, correct? $195 flat out or $285 flat out - and then you just need to pay for your server per month, is that it?

Comment

• Annelaise
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Jackmill
            POST REMOVED
            But the server is usually somewhere around $10 - for the most part - correct?
            Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Sun 10 Apr '11, 11:17am.

Comment

• Shamil.
              • Feb 2008
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Annelaise
              But the server is usually somewhere around $10 - for the most part - correct?
              Depends.

Shared hosting, around $15+
              VPS: $30+
              Dedicated, $100+
              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
              vBulletin Hosting and Services
              Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Annelaise
                • Apr 2011

Does anyone know if HostGator is a reliable host? I see they have these pricing options: $3.96/mo & $6.36/mo & $10.36/mo

Comment

• Shamil.
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4.2.X

Does anyone know if HostGator is a reliable host? I see they have these pricing options: $3.96/mo & $6.36/mo & $10.36/mo
                  I wouldn't go with Hostgator personally, but that's me, and I'm trying to be impartial.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Dean Winray
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 4.1.x

hostgator is good for hosting a small forum
                    Latest tech tips and gadget news. || Free wallpapers

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 5.2) and MySQL (minimum 4.1.0) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Most credible hosts now support both PHP and MySQL, and can run our software. We do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

Discuss PHP and MySQL hosting here. Find out which hosts people like, and which to stay well clear of.

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...