X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sQEF
    • Jan 2002

Need Consultation

Hello,

1. Is the vBulletin template rendering system slower than phpBB? Unlike vBulletin, phpBB doesn't rely on database-driven templates but rather uses ".tpl" files for template definition so that may result is less SQL queries .. right?

2. Can someone design a phpBB 2 (subBlue) like template plus design mod for my upcoming vBulletin? The phpBB 2 forums use the subBlue design at http://phpbb.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/

I want to clarify these issues before I buy vBulletin and I can't post in other forums for help since I'm not a customer yet.

Please suggest. Good day!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

1) Indexed Database reads are usually faster than reading files from the file system. This depends on the overall system setup though. However we use one query to read all the templates into a stored cache whereas to read multiple templates from the file system would require a number of reads equal to the number of files.

2) Having someone design a template for you is quite possible. I am sure that the people who design sites for a living can replicate any look you desire. However Jelsoft doesn't provide this service so you will have to get it aftermarket through a third party.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...