Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horsegoer
    • Mar 2011

Not sure what to purchase

Ok, I am looking into a website/hosting site. I already have my domain name. THe site I want to develop would really only consist of polls. Yes, a question with multiple answers that users can choose from. There would be daily "polls" and maybe a few a day. I would like to also have the ability to have advertisers at some point. Can anyone recommend what I should look into. Thanks very much.
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

With vBulletin you van do that.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• horsegoer
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by beishe8
      With vBulletin you van do that.

Looks like there are two options. Publishing and forum. Do you know the differences? Thanks.

Comment

• Ramsesx
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

Only polls? No forum? I would think a vbulletin license would be an overkill for this task, same if you buy a car only for sleeping in. Maybe joomla or drupal for free?

Comment

• horsegoer
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ramsesx
          Only polls? No forum? I would think a vbulletin license would be an overkill for this task, same if you buy a car only for sleeping in. Maybe joomla or drupal for free?
          No forum for now.

Comment

• horsegoer
            • Mar 2011

but joomla and drupal seem hard to install/configure. Thank for the advice Ram

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...