• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by basa
    No, they do support PHP 4. Now I’m a little more confused, but here is the thread,

Should I change it all to just PHP? Would that work? Did I download the wrong forum software?

Please excuse my ignorance, but is PHP3= PHP 3.x, is just PHP PHP 4?

I will start reading about it, no doubt, but just need a fix to get my forum up and running now.

Seba

ps - I realize that pre-sales has turned into post-sales, but I bought it in the interim, and this might help others who are thinking of buying.
    well one post at should be enough at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=37673 as it's a different issue from what is discussed here... i'll take it over to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=37673 to see if i can help
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• basa
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Thank you.
      Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

• LeeS
        • Nov 2001

Just thought I'd add my 2 pence worth.

1,500+ members (3-10 new members per day), 76,000+ posts, never really below 30 members online at any one time (ranges between 30-80 depending on time of day). gzip enabled. Using on average 6gb of bandwidth a month.

Comment

• basa
          • Jan 2002
          • 3.0.0 Beta 4

Success! As usual, the error was between the chair and the keyboard (I had downloaded the PHP3 version).

I was able to tranfer my entire board, really, pretty effortlessly once I got the right version. The wizard will ask you questions such as if you would like to keep your display settings, and if you would like to match up old members to new members in case your board already has members. In any case, I learned something else in this operation - the support here is 10 times better than the one at ubb, where if you ask questions that are basic you almost get yellled at, or ignored. I am much happier here, thanks for the help everyone, and guru, I would go for it.

Seba
          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by basa
            Success! As usual, the error was between the chair and the keyboard (I had downloaded the PHP3 version).

I was able to tranfer my entire board, really, pretty effortlessly once I got the right version. The wizard will ask you questions such as if you would like to keep your display settings, and if you would like to match up old members to new members in case your board already has members. In any case, I learned something else in this operation - the support here is 10 times better than the one at ubb, where if you ask questions that are basic you almost get yellled at, or ignored. I am much happier here, thanks for the help everyone, and guru, I would go for it.

Seba
            you're welcome
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• theguru
              • Dec 2001

basa

I am glad to hear things are going well for you. I think I am going to purchase vBulletin this week if everything goes as planned.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...