X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doom9
    • Oct 2001
    • 3.8.x

logging moderator action?

Is there something like a moderator log in vbb? I can see what admins did in the admin cp, but I'd like to see when moderators move around threads, delete them or edit a post.

This is the 2nd time a user complains and puts blame on a moderator and I need some hard data...
    Webmaster of www.doom9.org and community leader of forum.doom9.net
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

(It's vB, not vbb! )

There is currently no Mod logging feature like you describe. I'm not sure if there's a hack for this, but you can check over at the hacking site - http://www.vbulletin.org
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• JamesUS
      • Aug 2000

While there is not much in the way of moderator logging, whenever a moderator moves/edits/splits etc a thread, a message saying what they did is recorded along with the thread (to view these you need to go to Admin Options -> Edit Thread, only visible to moderators and administrators). However, these are not very thorough and are useless if a thread is deleted as the log is deleted along with it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

One thing you can do is create a private forum called 'Recycle Bin' which only Moderators can access. Then remove their ability to delete posts and threads and tell them to move any questionable posts to this forum instead.

I've done this on my forums and it works great.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...