Clear All
  • jmd
    • Jan 2002

lol thanks me to

PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

• ZeroXcape
      • Mar 2002

I help maintain the LFNetwork forums @ LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com)

Recently, we've been dealing with the obstacles of keeping ~600 fans happy at once. We currently have almost 20K registered users.

I just installed PHPA, and I must say: it REALLY helps and is VERY easy to install. In fact, any web site that utilizes PHP should try it out. It's free, fast, and simple.

Hopefully the next time I check back, our boards will break 1000+ users at once.

ZeroXcape
      [email protected]

Comment

• filburt1
        • Feb 2002

FYI, http://www.vbforums.com/ is hosted on the same server as these forums and all of Jelsoft IIRC, so there you can see how multiple vBs can work together on a dedicated server. Unfortunately it's Verio and they seem to be hit with DDoS attacks all the time.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• ZeroXcape
          • Mar 2002

In my case, we had VB running off of our web server. It got a bit too popular, and we had to end up buying the forums it's own server.

Comment

• hypedave
            • Nov 2001

I have seen reported warez forums running vb bigger than thoese forums maybe a licesned user like me and other's will get thousands of users or does vb have some sort of agreement with warez forums to test their software on

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

Originally posted by hypedave
              or does vb have some sort of agreement with warez forums to test their software on
              Yeah, we secretly like piracy.

Comment

• hypedave
                • Nov 2001

dont even go there, so that license agreement is a joke to right

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...