comparing vB to another similar forum software..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osfan
    • Jan 2002

comparing vB to another similar forum software..

First I'd like to cate I have not purchased vB as to yet. My question, WBB, a similar forum software to vB, located at www.woltlab.de, I seen has very, very similar features to vB and it's style of working. I have seen some discussions on their community forums in some posts praising vB, and how if they had it it would be so awsome. Now my question, would someone be nice enough to compare some fairly basic features or whatever on how these 2 BB systems work? I am looking for the absolute best forum software for a site I just started, www.BaseballForum.com, and I am going to purchase vB very soon most definately, and just brainstorming why buy vB over using WBB for free.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Regards,
    Dan Gessler
  • WizyWyg
    • Jul 2001

Not to bash competition, but YOU go with what you feel comfortable with

advantages of wbb over vb is that its free,
    but does free mean 24/7 support?

I've used wbb, and sometimes, with free software, the "perks" of it being free is just that its free.

I've used ubb, but hate cgi and perl (and its damn slow)

I've used phbb and it was close, but no cigar

Then when visitin another forum that used vb, i was taken in hook , line and sinker.

Not only it has major features, but the support here is awesome.

As they say, you get what you pay for.
    I say try everything that you're interested in first, then decide which one will serve you best.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...