Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Visionray
    • Jan 2002

How do I start??

Once I purchase a copy of Vbulliten, and have them automatically install it, is there some type of user guide that I can look at to set up the forum? Or do we just have to guess.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is a user's manual:

But most of the actual knowledge you get will be from browsing and reading these forums. Virtually everything you can do with vB has been discussed somewhere on these forums. My advice is to go slow and not make too many changes too quickly. In particular stay away from hacking the vB until you're much more comfortable with it. Explore all the options thoroughly and learn how to make and restore backups of your database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Visionray
      • Jan 2002

ok thanks. I appreciate the link and info.

Comment

• samtha25
        • Feb 2001

There's also a templates reference in the member's area that you can download after you have a license. It's not completely up to date, but it helps in understanding which template does what. You can find information on recent template additions or changes in the announcements for the version upgrades.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...