Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kipster
    • Jan 2002

ip???

Is the software IP sensitive meaning if you switch to a new server you have to get another key? The only reason I ask is I did have forum software like this couple of years ago and they went out of business so I kinda got screwed... I switched over to DCscripts and have been very happy with it but since then I have found your system to be the industry leader.... I am very interested in purchasing the software but I need to know if ip sensative.. Also wondering how easy or hard this is to install....
    But anyways guys great work on the forum This by far is the leader.... (pforums was the name of the older forums I had if you were interested.)
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

It is not but you are only allowed to install it once. You can install it a second time for development purposes, or while switching servers, but only one installation may be publicly accessable at any given time.

If you change the domain name it is used on, you are required to update your record in the Member's Area with your new URL.

Comment

• kipster
      • Jan 2002

ip

Well I don't have a problem with that...... Believe it or not pforums cost several 1000's dollars but this was way back when now they are much cheaper and a much better quality....
      But I'm sure you can understand that I got burnt once by a company an always ask that question before I buy so I don't get burned again...
      Thankyou for the super fast respone.......

Comment

• kipster
        • Jan 2002

here is about our old forums procom's jforums 7,500 and they sucked compared to most out there and they ended up selling the company and not supporting them.....
        I posted that site so your users can see that what they are getting from you at one time was thousands of dollars....
        Ya I knnow there are alot of forums out there but why not get the best from here.....
        Last edited by kipster; Mon 7 Jan '02, 3:00pm.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by kipster
          http://www.zdnet.com/devhead/stories...277655,00.html

here is about our old forums procom's jforums 7,500 and they sucked compared to most out there and they ended up selling the company and not supporting them.....
          I posted that site so your users can see that what they are getting from you at one time was thousands of dollars....
          Ya I knnow there are alot of forums out there but why not get the best from here.....

They are all jalous off vBulletin

It is pretty easy with vBulletin .. when you purchage the software, you (for example) have an own license, which allows you to run one instance for one web site. You get an login and pass for the members area. One of the members are options is to alter the URL to the web site where the forum is running on. Click on save, and it is updated. Pretty easy to change servers, url or whatever.

Comment

• kipster
            • Jan 2002

FYI

I did end up buying the forum software from this site.....

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Great news

That is the way it should be

Comment

• kipster
                • Jan 2002

I agree that is the way it should be but years ago when www was just taking off we bought forums written in C not cgi or php
                so when the company sold the forums to a company that is no longer we were out of luck because like alot of software that cost big bucks for the web it was ip sensative.. meaning every time we change servers we had to get a new key from them...
                Since our isp sold out to another comapny more than once this software was no longer viable.....
                I am no longer at that company but still alway ask that question since there is still software like that out there.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...